shift lever stuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shift lever stuck

Hi I asked about this problem before, after towing a trailer the shift lever doesn't move out of park when I depress the brake pedal and my brake lights don't work, i was told that a fuse or relay might have blown, so I was wondering where this fuse or relay would be so I can replace it. I had a quick look in both the in-car fuse board and the engine comparment one and didnt find any blown fuses. What am I looking for!!!help! Its a 3rd gen ssr-x. any help would be great. thanks

Originally posted by northcountryboy76
    Hi I asked about this problem before, after towing a trailer the shift lever doesn't move out of park when I depress the brake pedal and my brake lights don't work, i was told that a fuse or relay might have blown, so I was wondering where this fuse or relay would be so I can replace it. I had a quick look in both the in-car fuse board and the engine comparment one and didnt find any blown fuses. What am I looking for!!!help! Its a 3rd gen ssr-x. any help would be great. thanks
    I think i read that if a brake light bulb blows then it will have to be replaced in order to be able to move the selector
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Afternoon all

Don't know if this is of any use but I have just had both my brake light bulbs blow at the same time. The third one (in the spolier) stil works and I can move the selector as normal - don't worry new bulbs arriving tonight.

If you can't move the selector (short term you could always use the little red button) then I would think the gearbox thinks the brake pedal isn't being pushed.

Could be : brake light relay not talking to the box, brake pedal not travelling far enough to trigger the circuit

If I remember rightly the brake light circuit is neg switched so even if all the bulbs blew the selector should still move.

hope this helps - if not, just ignore me

ta

hawaii
      I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Comment

Fuse is in the fuse box by the accelerator pedal. Often happens when tow bar electrics get wet - casues short and blows fuse. Or could be where the feed for your fog light was taken - same thing again - short.
        Cheers
        kevin

Comment

Could also be a faulty brake light switch
          If it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

Working...
          X