Control mode for auxiliary fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Control mode for auxiliary fan

Hi folks, I have an auto KZN130 (Jan 1994) with 1KZTE motor - also described as LN130 frame on Australian Compliance Plate.

From other postings on this site (and the Australian site), I expected the auxiliary electric fan (at front of aircon cooler & radiator on drivers side) to only operate when A/C was on and engine temperature very high. My fan comes on from cold start when the A/C is on, then cycles fast/slow in synch with A/C compressor clutch. Very slow fan speed is probably with fan resistor in circuit and normal fast fan speed would be with relay contact shorting out series resistor.

I cannot find any temperature sensor switch on drivers side of engine around thermostat/turbo/aircon compressor region. Normal coolant sensor on passenger side of engine works OK and when disconnected it has no effect on auxiliary fan as I expected.

Does anyone know whether the A/C has its own thermostat causing the A/C compressor to cycle on/off when it cools down to a preset level? and whether I have an early model KZN130 where the auxiliary fan is enabled continuously when A/C is on and only changes speed (fast/slow) when the A/C compressor clutch cycles on/off?
Working...
X