Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• removing rear lights - how?

Hi guys,

I'm trying to remove the rear lights on my 4runner but i can't see any screws on the outside - how do i get them out?

Cheers, Paul.

Originally posted by monsterer
    Hi guys,

I'm trying to remove the rear lights on my 4runner but i can't see any screws on the outside - how do i get them out?

Cheers, Paul.

Open the tailgate, and you'll see the bolts that hold the light clusters on.

Comment

Open the tailgate & all will be revealed.
      VINCE your Keyboard is faster than mine
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
        Open the tailgate & all will be revealed

I just said that!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          I just said that!
          So did i
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

Open the tailgate, and you'll see the bolts that hold the light clusters on.
            $$$$! We could have a problem - is the tailgate solely electrically opened? Coz i can't open it with my key and there is no battery connected to anything...

Any other way i can open it? Its a mk2 4runner btw...

Cheers, Paul.

Comment

$$$$! We could have a problem - is the tailgate solely electrically opened?
              the window is but the tailgate ain't thats manual

Comment

Originally posted by sledge
                the window is but the tailgate ain't thats manual
                Okey - where is the locking mechanism, can i trigger it by hand from the inside?

Comment

window has to be down first.
                  use jump leads from doner car to battery leads on 4 runner for power to lower window
                  Enjoying Life after Cancer
                  Pops

Comment

Okey - where is the locking mechanism, can i trigger it by hand from the inside?

You need to crawl into the back of the truck, reove thne carpet panel, the metal plate and the polythene sheet, unplug the blue motor plug and connect a 12v supply to the motor to lower the glass. Touch the two terminals with your 12v and earth, one way is to raise the glass, swap the wires around to lower the glass.
                    When the glass is lowered, the locking mechnism will be released, you raise the lock buton and pull the handle to open the tailgate.

Comment

You need to crawl into the back of the truck, reove thne carpet panel, the metal plate and the polythene sheet, unplug the blue motor plug and connect a 12v supply to the motor to lower the glass. Touch the two terminals with your 12v and earth, one way is to raise the glass, swap the wires around to lower the glass.
                      When the glass is lowered, the locking mechnism will be released, you raise the lock buton and pull the handle to open the tailgate.
                      my way is easier i think
                      Enjoying Life after Cancer
                      Pops

Comment

Originally posted by pops
                        my way is easier i think

Yeah, but I know that he's 'breaking' his truck so there might be parts missing!

Comment

Is the locking mechanism released by a motor or by the glass itself?

I ask because the garage already fiddled with the tailgate such that the glass just slides up and down. It doesn't seem to be connected to any motor because to get it to stay up i have to wedge bits of cardboard between the glass and the tailgate, otherwise it just slides down under gravity...

Cheers, Paul.

Comment

Is the locking mechanism released by a motor or by the glass itself?

I ask because the garage already fiddled with the tailgate such that the glass just slides up and down. It doesn't seem to be connected to any motor because to get it to stay up i have to wedge bits of cardboard between the glass and the tailgate, otherwise it just slides down under gravity...

Cheers, Paul.

It's released by the glass lowering with the mechanism.

Lower the glass, reach inside and pull up the lock, then pull up the door handle next to it.

Comment

It's released by the glass lowering with the mechanism.

Lower the glass, reach inside and pull up the lock, then pull up the door handle next to it.
                              Okey, thankyee!

Comment

Working...
                              X