Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things not wired in

Hi guys,

Can anyone identify the things i've circled in yellow which aren't plugged into anything on my truck. I'm particularly concerned about the things coming from the fuel pump(?)

Cheers, Paul.

The small plug on the left in the first pic looks like the float lever sensor (for excess water in the filter) does it go to the bottom of the filter? Or if they both go into the top of the filter head them they are wires for the fuel heater. Either won't affect how the motor runs.

Don't get the second pic, thats just the heater valve, no wiring on that.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

When are we gonna see some photos of your pick-up then Paul? I've seen one on the pick-up forum but not on here.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
        The small plug on the left in the first pic looks like the float lever sensor (for excess water in the filter) does it go to the bottom of the filter? Or if they both go into the top of the filter head them they are wires for the fuel heater. Either won't affect how the motor runs.

Don't get the second pic, thats just the heater valve, no wiring on that.
        Both wires come from the top. I realised that was the heater valve after i posted!

Cheers, Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          When are we gonna see some photos of your pick-up then Paul? I've seen one on the pick-up forum but not on here.
          I need to get some more taken - its currently got silly small wheels on it. This is before all the work was done:

Cheers, Paul.

Comment

Before the work was done!!!???

Does look awesome though. What's happening to it now then?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
              Before the work was done!!!???

Does look awesome though. What's happening to it now then?
              Thanks!

Basically, when i brought the truck i knew nothing about them at all, gradually i started to learn stuff and learned that the way my truck had been lifted was all wrong and actually dangerous.

There was dodgy welding all over the shop with spring hangers and chassis lift, so it went off to LA supertrux to have all that stuff put right and also get the 3.0TD engine swapped into it...

Cheers, Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by monsterer
                Hi guys,

Can anyone identify the things i've circled in yellow which aren't plugged into anything on my truck. I'm particularly concerned about the things coming from the fuel pump(?)

Cheers, Paul.
                Hi Mate...yep wondered the same thing on mine...come to conclusion they are diesel pre heaters...my pickup loom had plugs on...but the surf one didnt have...so mine like yours are left hanging about....stranrgely enough my surf filter head didnt have them on?...so i did try to swap them to tidy my enigne bay...but the pumped didnt work...so gave up and refitted the pickup one!

is that how supertrux left your engine bay?....id be more concerned about the remainder of the loom left laying about?

sparkz
                sparkz
                http://www.elite4x4.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by sparkz
                  is that how supertrux left your engine bay?....id be more concerned about the remainder of the loom left laying about?

sparkz
                  It is yeah - i guess i'll have to sort that out really. Ideally, i'd swap the entire loom from the surf over like you did, when i get a minute!

Glad to hear its not vital bits which aren't plugged in!

Cheers, Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by monsterer
                    It is yeah - i guess i'll have to sort that out really. Ideally, i'd swap the entire loom from the surf over like you did, when i get a minute!

Glad to hear its not vital bits which aren't plugged in!

Cheers, Paul.
                    nope nothing important...

doing the loom swap is not a huge problem...just hang on to all you have on the surf loom..there are a few bits you will need to interface (rear lights...fuel sender...but let me know when you do..and ill let you know what conects to what....of..also another good tip...hang on yto the plugs from both looms (under the drivers seat) then you can make an interface loom up makes it all nice and tidy..and saves butching the looms

glad you got it back on the road...shame mines back off the road...bl00dy head gasget!...job for next weekend!!

S
                    Last edited by sparkz; 18 February 2007, 23:34.
                    sparkz
                    http://www.elite4x4.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                    X