No announcement yet.

Need Help! Blue smoke from the back???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help! Blue smoke from the back???

Hi,

I’m in need of some help / advice, I’m stumped……… well I have an idea but don’t really want it to be that!

I had a bit of blue smoke coming out the back and had an overheating problem two so gave Surf the water chemical test and yeah Head Gasket gone. I got the full gasket kit the one with the valve steam seals, I then striped and rebuilt the Head. All done went for a test drive and all ok. When I got back left her running and………………….. O I have a lot of blue smoke coming out the rear now. Also at the same time she got a new air / oil and fuel filter fitted.

Dose anyone have any ideas?????????????

Desperate in Hertfordshire!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Smurf76; 15 February 2007, 03:09.
    Smurf with a Surf!!!

Did you check the head for cracks, specifically between the valves?
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Hi TonyN,

No I didn't notice any when it was off. I thought it was only the 2.4 L that had those problems?

What do you think it could be?
      Last edited by Smurf76; 15 February 2007, 13:49.
      Smurf with a Surf!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Smurf76
        Hi TonyN,

No I didn't notice any when it was off. I thought it was only the 2.4 L that had those problems?

What do you think it could be?
        The 3.0s (and most other old cars) have the same problem. It's just more common on the 2.4s.

Comment

It could be....

Valve stem oil seals that are probably worn, these can be changed without removing the head again; but it is a bit of a fag if you haven't done it before.

The turbo oil return pipe is not blocked/restricted/damaged,this will cause blue smoke from the exhaust.

Brake master cylinder leakage into the servo will also cause blue smoke and mislead's quite a few people into thinking its an engine problem.

Crankcase breather restrictions will also give smokey exhaust fumes to.

Dribbling diesel injectors can also produce blueish smoke but more commonly this would be black.

Hope you can eliminate the fault easily.

Comment

Thanks for that!

Hi The Mechanic

When the head was off all the valve steam seals were replaced so that's one down, hey it gives me something to be getting on with.

Thanks for the few ideas, nice one.
            Smurf with a Surf!!!

Comment

Working...
            X