help cutting out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help cutting out

I have a kzn130td got in to start it last week if would not start or fire to cut a long story short I have tried changing the fuel filter and housing as it seems to be a fuel problem i also fed the fuel pump directly from a can of diesel manged to get it running then put it back on its own fuel supply which it ran on ticking over and reving it for 40 minutes until it would not rev anymore and cut out would not restart left it for 2 hours it then started again after some cranking drove it 3 miles to a mechanic it drove normally until just short of my journey and then lost power and cut out would not restart. it seemed to have a slight misfire while reving it but did not smoke (brother following behind) and seemed to pull as normal. the mechanic seems to think it is not a fuel problem and thinks the the head may be cracked although he has not done a compression check yet. I think it may still be a fuel problem hope it is not the head as I have already been there with a 2.4 which is still in the drive. I would be grateful for any help.

I had something the same but not as bad i.e. the cutting out / no start, mine just won't stop.

I had a mate do a chemical check for a head gasket gone and that's what it was. I took the head off re done all gaskets and also fitted new valve steam seals at the same time as the head being done and now have another problem (blue smoke on idle) I have been told that the 30L TD are now being reported with cracks on the heads between the valves.

If you do have a cracked head you might be having over heating problems???

Hope it helps. Good Luck!
    Smurf with a Surf!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Smurf76
      I had something the same but not as bad i.e. the cutting out / no start, mine just won't stop.

I had a mate do a chemical check for a head gasket gone and that's what it was. I took the head off re done all gaskets and also fitted new valve steam seals at the same time as the head being done and now have another problem (blue smoke on idle) I have been told that the 30L TD are now being reported with cracks on the heads between the valves.

If you do have a cracked head you might be having over heating problems???

Hope it helps. Good Luck!
      You don't always get overheating with a cracked head, mine never overheated, just used to pop the radiator regular
      Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Working...
      X