Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clattering noise

hi guys
    i wonder if anybody can help me,my 3rd gen surf has developed a loud claterring noise coming from the engine,and it seems like somethings loose and its jumping about inside.i am unable to drive her as i am affraid ill damage it further.doesnt seem like its the top of the engine.
    thanks guys

Originally posted by seany
    hi guys
    i wonder if anybody can help me,my 3rd gen surf has developed a loud claterring noise coming from the engine,and it seems like somethings loose and its jumping about inside.i am unable to drive her as i am affraid ill damage it further.doesnt seem like its the top of the engine.
    thanks guys
    if it sounds like a bag of nails rattling around it could possibly be the turbo
    you need to have the engine running and have a listen under the bonnet around the turbo to see if you can hear it rev it up abit aswell to kick the turbo in while listening
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by seany
      hi guys
      thanks guys

Where in south Wales are you, if you're near me, maybe I could come and have a look.
      I'm in Abercarn by the way.

Comment

hi bushwacker,thanks for your offer to take a look at my truck thats very kind of you,im up in brynmawr by the way.
        ive been under her today and ive found a nasty hole in the bell housing of the gearbox,it looks like theres something broken of the clutch assembly or the starter and its caught between the outer edge of the flywheel and the bell housing,whatever it is is still rattling around in there so i still cant drive her.
        looks like the box is going to have to come out to take a look at whats been going on in there.i can see pound signs appearing before my very eyes ha ha
        can you recommend any garages that would take this job on mate? i think its a bit big for me to tackle.

Comment

Some suggestions here.....

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...t=Builth+wells

Comment

update--ive just had my surf back from garage and the noise was the dual mass flywheel.
            they fitted the solid flywheel conversion kit from roughtrax,now the clutch feels alot smoother sorted

Comment

Working...
            X