Will wheels swop with Hilux Vigo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will wheels swop with Hilux Vigo

Hi All .... Does anybody know if the 6 stud, 16", alloy wheels on the new Hilux Vigo are a possible swop for the sad looking alloys on my KZN-185? It seems there is a growing trend for buyers to change the Vigo's wheels for 20" with lower profile tyres and numerous English dealers have brand new sets complete with tyres going cheap. My original wheels have loads of plastic inner studs to resemble split rims and cannot be blasted and refinished easily. The Vigo wheels are marked 16x7JJ with ET 30 underneath.
    Last edited by Cohannon; 1 February 2007, 11:15.

yep jj is the same stud pattern mate. depends on the offset of the wheels. stick them on and see!
    TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Thanks Andrew, but these have to come via courier from England to Northern Ireland so it's a bit expensive to get them here for a trial fit. I wondered if the technical info re the numbers and letters on the back of the Vigo wheels meant anything to some of you experts.

Comment

Originally posted by Cohannon
        Thanks Andrew, but these have to come via courier from England to Northern Ireland so it's a bit expensive to get them here for a trial fit. I wondered if the technical info re the numbers and letters on the back of the Vigo wheels meant anything to some of you experts.
        ET30 means you have a 30mm offset on the wheels. Standard offset is 7 or 8 so you will need spacers to get the extra 22-23mm you need, or they will just foul a load of stuff. You should be able to get the spacers from Roughtrax, who will also be able to advise on the exact offset figure.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewlee31
          yep jj is the same stud pattern mate. depends on the offset of the wheels. stick them on and see!
          JJ refers to the shape of the rim where the tyre bead sits and just about every wheel made these days will be JJ. The six stud fixing is the same though and as mentioned above the only problem you might have is the offset - easily fixed with spacers.
          Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Originally posted by Gamedawn
            JJ refers to the shape of the rim where the tyre bead sits and just about every wheel made these days will be JJ. The six stud fixing is the same though and as mentioned above the only problem you might have is the offset - easily fixed with spacers.

i sit corrected, if i remember who told me ill give them a kicking! .
            TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Thanks guys, very helpful. I spoke to Andy at Sampsons today http://www.sampsonsltd.com/index.php . He reckons he must have at least 30 sets of new Vigo wheels and tyres from customer up grades just taking up floorspace. How does £300 per set delivered anywhere in mainland UK sound?
              Any help with spacers or Vigo centre caps fitting the front hubs can be ironed out inhouse.
              Last edited by Cohannon; 2 February 2007, 20:30.

Comment

Originally posted by Cohannon
                Thanks guys, very helpful. I spoke to Andy at Sampsons today http://www.sampsonsltd.com/index.php . He reckons he must have at least 30 sets of new Vigo wheels and tyres from customer up grades just taking up floorspace. How does £300 per set delivered anywhere in mainland UK sound?
                Any help with spacers or Vigo centre caps fitting the front hubs can be ironed out inhouse.
                Did you go ahead and make a purchase....and if so did they 'iron out' the spacer issues??
                Fore £300 as set as long as they were OEM wheels with a decent set of tyres on I'd be interested as thats half the price of refurbishing my jap originals plus replacing the worn out rubber.

cheers
                Scuddy
                ------------------------------------
                Look out! Ee

Comment

Originally posted by Scuddy
                  Did you go ahead and make a purchase....and if so did they 'iron out' the spacer issues??
                  Fore £300 as set as long as they were OEM wheels with a decent set of tyres on I'd be interested as thats half the price of refurbishing my jap originals plus replacing the worn out rubber.

cheers
                  Scuddy
                  I was on the phone to a guy yesterday who is making up some graphics for forum members and he was saying about these wheels and that they were fitted there and then and they had bridgestone duellers on them.He seemed happy with them
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by Scuddy

cheers
                    Scuddy
                    He's not been on for ages Last Activity: 24th February 2007 14:35
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                    (")_(")

Comment

Just spoke to Adam he's got 3 or 4 Sets left £250 + VAT. Tyres with light Delivery mileage use.

Sampson's Vehicle Services Limited (SVS Ltd)

Car Examination Hall,
                      Garrison Road,
                      Sheerness Docks,
                      Kent, ME12 1RS

Tel: 01795 582 870
                      (\__/)
                      (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                        Just spoke to Adam he's got 3 or 4 Sets left £250 + VAT. Tyres with light Delivery mileage use.

Sampson's Vehicle Services Limited (SVS Ltd)

Car Examination Hall,
                        Garrison Road,
                        Sheerness Docks,
                        Kent, ME12 1RS

Tel: 01795 582 870
                        Thanks Marky

Adams going to bung a set on a vehicle delivery up to Forfar (north of Dundee), so I'll collect them from a garage there on arrival.
                        Like you say, he promises delivery mileage only on tyres and all for £250+VAT. If offset is a problem I'll just get a set of spacers. Still cheaper than refurbishing the originals and re-tyre'ing.
                        ------------------------------------
                        Look out! Ee

Comment

Put some pics up & let us know how they are when you get them.
                          (\__/)
                          (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                          X