3rd Gen Diff oil seals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd Gen Diff oil seals

Can anyone offer me some advice on how to stop the rear diff oil seals on my 3rd gen from blowing every 6 months or so.This is probably the 5th or 6th time this has happened since I bought the vehicle just under 4 years ago,is it a known fault with this particular vehicle,or is there something that can be done to prevent it from occuring as often.Any advice greatly appreciated.
    Powered by ????

Just a guess, but is your diff breather blocked?
    It just does, OK?

Comment

Have you tried genuine Toyota seals?
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Know the feeling! My handbrake has pretty much stopped working again on the right hand side, which is a bit of a give away. This would be the 2nd or 3rd time for this side. Mines had genuine and non-genuine seals in it, and a new bearing. I'll take the drum off this weekend and have a look. Mines had genuine and non-genuine seals in it, and a new bearing

The other side has been done once along with the bearing but has been fine since.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
          Have you tried genuine Toyota seals?
          I had a rear wheel bearing replaced just over a 18 months ago(I'll need to search my previous posts to find out which side)this was done by a main Toyota dealer.Since then St Marys Garage(?) in Kirkcudbright made a total mess of replacing a set of rear brake shoes,which caused the rear wheel to overheat(they only replaced one side!)I think this has probably caused the seals to blow.