Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would It Be Worth It..????

Hey Peoples,

Only been browsing here lately as my Surf has been sick since last May.
    I took it in for suspected head gasket repair and lo and behold its the head thats gone.....
    This surf has now been parked on my drive since and there doesn't look like an opportunity for me to get it repaired.

Is it worth selling as it is....????

Half the engine is in the boot....the parts are there for the repair...except the new head obviously, but the head gasket kit, filters etc are there.....it would just need someone with the know how and a new head.

Go For It

I have 3rd gen 3.0ltr. Never worked on them before. new Head cost me £450
    after shopping around. I was suprised as to how easy it was putting it all back together. You can and will find all sorts of help on this forum as i did.
    And now that im up and running again, no way will i go back to a car. Driving the surf there is nothing that comes close.SO go for the repair you wont regret it. Just take it nice and slow........Good luck Man
    Last edited by welshsurf; 22 January 2007, 02:58.

Comment

Originally posted by 30Surfer
      Hey Peoples,

Only been browsing here lately as my Surf has been sick since last May.
      I took it in for suspected head gasket repair and lo and behold its the head thats gone.....
      This surf has now been parked on my drive since and there doesn't look like an opportunity for me to get it repaired.

Is it worth selling as it is....????

Half the engine is in the boot....the parts are there for the repair...except the new head obviously, but the head gasket kit, filters etc are there.....it would just need someone with the know how and a new head.
      If you can get hold of about £1,200 to fix it, even just until you've flogged it, that would make more sense financially.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
        If you can get hold of about £1,200 to fix it, even just until you've flogged it, that would make more sense financially.
        If I could get hold of the cash fella it wouldn't go up for sale.....I love this jeep and its by far the best vehicle i've owned.....but its just been sat as a drive ornament now since last April/May.....and i'm afraid that its just gonna rust away to nothing....

Comment

Working...
        X