Hooray for HILUX SURF SSR G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hooray for HILUX SURF SSR G

After lots of money/toll & sweat, iv got me baby back on the road, running fine. One small hitch, at the back of the head right side is a bracket with some sought of vacume valve with 1 elec conector and 2 vac pipes.
    can anyone tell me what the tech term is for this thing (whats it called)
    and where can i get a replacement as i broke one of the plastic pipe conector.Thanks to all for your help & advise. spec TONYN & BUSHWHACKER

I'm guessing its the EGR solonoid, if its the one under the intake manifold.

There are also a pair of solonoids on the silver intake pipe that work the shut down valve.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

VSV( Vacuum Solenoid Valve). Veeeeeeeerrrrrryyy expensive from Toyota for new ones. Try to find one at a wrecker. Much cheaper.

Nev

Comment

Can you post up a pic of it? I have a pile of old ones, even if the plug is different, the parts are generally interchangable.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Black thingy at the back

Hi Tony.
          Unable to take pic. All i can tell you is that it is bolted to this bracket
          via a 10mm short bolt and the bracket is bolted to the back of the head via 2,
          10mm bolts on the right hand side as you stand in front of vehical. this bracket is also used to bolt the rear of the intercooler down.
          The unit that im after is black in colour, it has 2 vac pipes one on top of the other, and there is an electric block connector(black in colour) that plugs to the side of the unit, underneath this unit is a small removable black pot.
          Sorry Tonyn, I have descibed it the best way i can. I have manual, it shows the unit but it dont say what its called. SO ANNOYING.

Comment

Working...
          X