rear window!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear window!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hi all,another window question,it is very well documented on how to cure all rear window problems,but i cant find a thread about opening the tailgate when your window won't go down!(no inuendo's please)so can someone help? 1995 ssr-g 3.0TD
    thanks... paolo

You need to crawl into the back and remove the carpet panel and the metal plate to get at the motor.
    Then it's a fiddley job to un-bolt the motor from the mechanism, then the window can be lowered under it's own weight.

Hi newbie!

Comment

i had suspected as much,but was hopeful of a less awkward fix.oh well i guess i'll be getting stiff!!(stoppit)
      thanks for the help
      paolo

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
        You need to crawl into the back and remove the carpet panel and the metal plate to get at the motor.
        Then it's a fiddley job to un-bolt the motor from the mechanism, then the window can be lowered under it's own weight.

Hi newbie!
        im stripping my gen 2 for spares at the mo..hence its got no wiring loom..batteries etc..and had a similar dilema..

i crawled in to the back..removed panels etc..disconected the motor plug and then using a small 12v battery powered the window down...by shorting it to the contacts

prob not a lot of good to you tho..is your windows dead
        S
        sparkz
        http://www.elite4x4.co.uk/

Comment

If it's not yet completely dead you may be able to 'encourage' it down by pushing it with one hand whilst turning the key with the other, only a thought, depends how dead it is.
          =========
          =SOLD UP!=
          =========

Comment

Working...
          X