Stop!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop!!

Had a a bit of a funny one today...I put the brakes on reasonably hard and got a fairly loud bang? I suspect that its to do with the ABS? But can anyone tell me if its anything to be concerned with?

not a bang?...
    ABS makes a kind of grinding sound (ish) and you'll feel it through the pedal.
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

The car behind? Got anyone elses paint on yer towbar?
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
        The car behind? Got anyone elses paint on yer towbar?
        Have you checked to see if there's a scooter in your bull bars?
        Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Comment

Originally posted by Libby
          Had a a bit of a funny one today...I put the brakes on reasonably hard and got a fairly loud bang? I suspect that its to do with the ABS? But can anyone tell me if its anything to be concerned with?

We need a bit more to go on I'm affraid.

Do the brakes still work?
          Does the pedal go right to the floor?
          Was the bang, your head hitting the steering wheel when you accidently pressed the brake pedal with your left foot, thinking it was the clutch pedal?

Comment

Hey Cheeky!! As I've mentioned before my driving is impeckable

Everything else seems o.k otherwise...suppose I'll just have to see if it happens again?

Comment

I always seem to get a banging on my 2nd Gen when I brake. Suggestions were the LSPV but I haven't had a chance to really check it out yet (too wet and cold).

Try getting someone to sit in the back whilst you drive / brake as they might be able to pinpoint the noise easier from there. Alternatively get someone else to drive it/brake whilst you are outside watching.
              Mike G

Comment

Originally posted by Tallyman
                I always seem to get a banging on my 2nd Gen when I brake. Suggestions were the LSPV but I haven't had a chance to really check it out yet (too wet and cold).

Try getting someone to sit in the back whilst you drive / brake as they might be able to pinpoint the noise easier from there. Alternatively get someone else to drive it/brake whilst you are outside watching.

It could be the sliding joint on the propshaft needs pumping with grease.

Comment

If the bad weather lets up I'll have a look this weekend. Can anyone help with a pic showing where to look and what to look for? Got a lot of learning to do with where things are....I'm used to old corsa's and fiats, and theres not much to know with them.

Comment

Working...
                  X