Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overheating ?

Hi Can anyone give a bit of advice.

The temp gauge sits happy as you like in the middle and never faulters however to-day I noticed the top of the rad was hot and having a look around found lower half of rad to be cold, cant see any leaks etc is this normal?

Its a 3ltd

Thanks for your help and advice in advance

Originally posted by mystery

The temp gauge sits happy as you like in the middle and never faulters however to-day I noticed the top of the rad was hot and having a look around found lower half of rad to be cold, cant see any leaks etc is this normal?

Its a 3ltd

have you checked the coolant levels and also it may pay to change the thermostat and go from there
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Thanks for that all coolant levels are fine rad full expansion tank ok and stat is only about 3 months old.

Do you think theres a problem? somewhere, any advice be useful

Comment

The whole idea of a radiator is to cool the water, hot goes in at the top, cools down and goes out at the bottom and in this kind of weather it works very well.
        No problem.
        Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by mystery

Its a 3ltd

Thats normal, it's how the radiator works.
          Hot coolant enters the top, and is cooled on the way down to the bottom by the fan or forward motion.

Comment

Dammit!!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
              Dammit!!
              Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

Thanks everyone

Having not had owt to do with motors for the last 5yrs the old grey matter gone a bit gar-gar.

Its nice to have a motor again and one a little unusual (this far north anyway)
                but it helps if you know what your doing or can get advice when needed.

Many Thanks

If anyone is coming this far north 40miles North Inverness 80miles South John 'O' Groats give us a shout, a wee dram or two awaits

Comment

Damn, or should that be dram!

I was up in Tain a couple of weeks ago!!

Dave

Comment

Tain is about 15min drive if your heading this way again give us a shout, I feel a dram or two coming on

Comment

I'll do that!

Dave

Comment

Working...
                      X