New rear springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New rear springs

I'm about to take on a Surf (wahay!) Its a bit saggy bottomed so I was planning on changing the rear springs as it will be towing a horse box.

From searching the forum I've come to the conclusion that the Milners 20% stronger springs are better than the highlux company's ones. Am I right? I'd rather not go for any lifted springs as I've read I'd need to extend brake lines etc. I'm not going to do the shocks as they seem ok for now.

Ta!

Dave

go for the landcruiser hdj80 springs, 3 inches of lift for 44 quid. go on you know you want to!!!!!!!!

TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

OMG!!!

Comment

you only want to be changing them once mate, go for the full monty, its well worth it!
        TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

The HORSE BOX will be pulling wheelies Fit the MILNERS %20 Springs & all will be fine.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

had + 2" springs on mine, started to sag,
            changed them for the milners ones +2"spacers from danno much better and you dont have to do anything to brake lines etc
            Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
              had + 2" springs on mine, started to sag,
              changed them for the milners ones +2"spacers from danno much better and you dont have to do anything to brake lines etc
              Joker, been thinking about doing this myself. Did you add a drop link to the panhard rod & extend the ARB drop links or did you just leave everything as standard?

On the subject of spacers, I pm'ed Danno about a pair but hes stopped making them. Does anyone know of an alternative source?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Fraser
                Joker, been thinking about doing this myself. Did you add a drop link to the panhard rod & extend the ARB drop links or did you just leave everything as standard?

On the subject of spacers, I pm'ed Danno about a pair but hes stopped making them. Does anyone know of an alternative source?

get in touch with Jotto as he will be sorting Danno's stuff for a while
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Fraser

gary fitted them for me all was standard except he made some spacers out of a bit of steel plate to drop the arb's down 2" as we got the extended shocks[2"]dont know if you need the spacers if you keep the standard shocks
                  best thing to do is pm gary
                  as richard said jotto is the man to see about the spacers
                  Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
                    gary fitted them for me all was standard except he made some spacers out of a bit of steel plate to drop the arb's down 2" as we got the extended shocks[2"]dont know if you need the spacers if you keep the standard shocks
                    best thing to do is pm gary
                    as richard said jotto is the man to see about the spacers
                    if your not fitting lift springs or shocks then you should be able to stay as standard but anything over the 2" i think you will need mods done
                    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
                    X