Oil & Coolant amounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil & Coolant amounts

Im doing an oil change tomorrow and coolant. have red toyota coolant and gonna get the oil in the morning, probably 10/40 turbo deisel oil.

can anyone tell me how much of each i will need, i am changing the oil filter.

Thank you

Originally posted by Dillon1969
    Im doing an oil change tomorrow and coolant. have red toyota coolant and gonna get the oil in the morning, probably 10/40 turbo deisel oil.

can anyone tell me how much of each i will need, i am changing the oil filter.

Thank you
    http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=62

and have a wander around the site - it's full of wonderful stuff....like all the information you need
    Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Electrical query

Thanks, had a look, i now know I need 7.1L as im changing the filter. still to find out how much coolant i need. but im still looking.......

The cigarette lighter and the electric mirrors dont seem to work, I had the dash off today to fit the stereo (that took a bit longer than expected ) abd the wiring to the cigarette lighter was all intact. Is there a fuse that may have blown somewhere? the fuse box behind the drivers side battery doesnt contain one. i use the lighter socket for a sat nav.

Comment

Originally posted by Dillon1969
        Thanks, had a look, i now know I need 7.1L as im changing the filter. still to find out how much coolant i need. but im still looking.......

The cigarette lighter and the electric mirrors dont seem to work, I had the dash off today to fit the stereo (that took a bit longer than expected ) abd the wiring to the cigarette lighter was all intact. Is there a fuse that may have blown somewhere? the fuse box behind the drivers side battery doesnt contain one. i use the lighter socket for a sat nav.
        there is a fuse box in the side panel drivers side foot well
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I know what the site suggests but even doing a filter change I've never got more than 6.5L of oil in mine without exceeding the full mark on the dipstick. Check the level before putting much more than 6.0L in to make sure you don't overfill.
          Mike G

Comment

question arose from looking through the threads

originally I asked how much of the toyota red coolant I would need for my 3.0TD. However after many hours of reading through previous threads Im now totally confused. Should I not use just the red coolant and some mixture of collant and water or is 100% coolant ok ?

arrggghhhh

Comment

better idea

sod it, i think i'll let toyota sort the coolant and i'll stick with changing the oil.

he he, yep i know im a coward but cant afford to get this wrong

Comment

red for life is premixed.

Comment

Working...
                X