No announcement yet.

Surf 3.0TD Cruise Control Retro Fit ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf 3.0TD Cruise Control Retro Fit ???

Hi everybody,

I am new to posting on this excellent site. I have owned my KZN130 2nd generation Surf since March this year and it has been absolutely faultless. The towing performance I find superb. Any issues or info so far have been found on this site no problem but I was wondering if any of the Surf experts here could tell me about a cruise control fitment. I am pretty sure some 2nd gens were fitted with cruise as standardm but my SSRV has not got it. I was just wondering if it is possible to retro fit and what would be involved.

I am towing my track car to Spa, Belgium next year and cruise control would be a nice advantage. I would appreciate any help.

Happy Surfing!

Ben

To fit the Toyota one you'd need the steering wheel with e controls in it, and all the wiring, actuators and cables for under the bonnet. Not if the other ECU stuff will be different.

Maverick and others have fitted aftermarket systems which would probably be easier and less hassle.

Unless you have a truck with C/C fitted you can get everything from. Even then, the original system has a speed limiter on it, so it may get annoying if you want to cruise higher than 70mph.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Many thanks Tony for your quick reply. As I thought the finding of a donor vehicle might prove rather elusive to say the least. I did trawl the forums again and have spoken to a firm near my work in Birmingham. They quoted £400 - £450 to supply and fit. I wonder how reliable aftermarket systems are though?

Comment

Originally posted by ben2611
        Many thanks Tony for your quick reply. As I thought the finding of a donor vehicle might prove rather elusive to say the least. I did trawl the forums again and have spoken to a firm near my work in Birmingham. They quoted £400 - £450 to supply and fit. I wonder how reliable aftermarket systems are though?
        I fit an aftermarket system from E-bay, it came from Germany and cost about £65, it is a WAECO Magic speed. It was quite easy to fit (it took about 2 hours all in) and works well, it even took the speed signal directly from the back of the speedo

It has quite a big actuator but I fit mine on the O/s inner wing & the control box under the dash at the passenger side, the controller sits on the dash to the right side of the clock.

The only problem I found is whilst driving solo it is absolutely brilliant, when towing a caravan, or heavy trailer it tends to allow the car to slow too much then drops the transmission out of lock up to bring the car back up to speed, I find I can control the speed better with my right boot with the caravan on the back.
        Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Working...
        X