3.0 1KZ Ebay Cylinder Heads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.0 1KZ Ebay Cylinder Heads

There are several non-genuine heads available at significantly reduced price to that of a genuine head.

Has anyone got any good knowledge of how they perform?

If you bought one and it's done some high miles with no bother then I want to know which one it was. (smilie reminds me of a judge)

I can only find one member who bought an ebay head and it cracked in two weeks but that may have been down to other issues?
    Others say they cause problems but what problems?

This must be the best forum to get this advice so.................
    (please don't say but a genuine head and be safe with the knowledge - I want to know real results of these ebay varieties)

cheers guys - another beer for me!
    Smack it with a 16lb Hammer and it will come off!

If you want a CYLINDER HEAD that wont let you down id strongly recomend one of the modified heads that STEVO supplies.
    Theres some companies that still sell the original head so it wont be too long before that one goes. Dont buy a recon either
    Some people have been disapointed with Recons etc more trouble than they're worth. SAVE TIME & MONEY in the long run KEEP SMILING THE SURF SMILE.
    Last edited by marky; 26 November 2006, 22:27.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
      If you want a CYLINDER HEAD that wont let you down id strongly recomend one of the modified heads that STEVO supplies.
      Theres some companies that still sell the original head so it wont be too long before that one goes. Dont buy a recon either
      Some people have been disapointed with Recons etc more trouble than they're worth. SAVE TIME & MONEY in the long run KEEP SMILING THE SURF SMILE.
      Thanks I definately am not wasting time on a recon but there isn't a modified 3.0 head is there? Just a genuine or non-genuine replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by toyotav84x4
        Thanks I definately am not wasting time on a recon but there isn't a modified 3.0 head is there? Just a genuine or non-genuine replacement.
        There is no modified 3 litre head. However, some people do sell reconditioned
        heads, which are heads which have cracked and been repaired, or have warped
        and been skimmed. Personally, I would also suggest paying that bit more for
        peace of mind. Some of the heads you can get aren't specifically called recon,
        even if they are.

Comment

Just puzzled, if the 2.4 heads are badly designed how come they last 10/12 years and 70/100,000kms before they blow when bought by some poor unfortunate soul in this country.
          Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by paulh
            Just puzzled, if the 2.4 heads are badly designed how come they last 10/12 years and 70/100,000kms before they blow when bought by some poor unfortunate soul in this country.

In all honesty, I think the reason they tend to go over here is lack of
            maintenance, (and occasional bad luck). In Japan, they're far stricter with
            regards to emissions and such, so one would assume they may keep them
            upto a certain level of service. How many people even change the rad cap
            and thermostat, however, when these vehicles come over here?

Comment

3.0 Head Non-Genuine or Genuine? That is the question

A saving of £400 is quite good for a non-gen head if they are reliable? Imagine if you can do that for just 2 items a month! £9,600 saved in a year.

Please give me some feedback anyone who has fitted a non-genuine 3.0TD Head to a 1KZ Block?

I have only driven it a day so far!

Comment

I take it no one has any experience of an aftermarket head for a 3.0TD?

I guess if you car is fixed you don't look at cracked head posts anymore!

Going, Going, gone...........time to buy a head then. I will post my results of the repair on the forum for future troubled members.

Comment

Going, Going, gone...........time to buy a head then. I will post my results of the repair on the forum for future troubled members.

It's not that no-one pays any further attention, but generally the fact that
                  most stick with the reliable option. Paying twice for a job can cost more than
                  paying more the first time and only once.

Let us know how you fare, however. It'll be good for future reference.

Comment

What do you want? A whole thread of replys saying "no"

Most people get their heads from Stevo. Me included, I've had a LOT of heads from him, not one issue with them
                    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I summerise with no verdict but your advice has not been ignored.

GENUINE TOYOTA IT IS!

Lets talk about something else.
                      Last edited by toyotav84x4; 30 November 2006, 22:50.

Comment

Working...
                      X