No announcement yet.

1KZT, mechanical injection and MAP sensors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, the 1KZ/T I have here at the mo, the intake pressure is measured by the sensor like normal, but unlike the 'E' motors its also connected to the fuel pump. So the pump has a connection to the intake pressure. I'd guess this regulates fuel verses boost pressure mechanically via a vacuum operated bellows depending on how wide open the throttle is.

Its connected to what looks the same as the High Altitude Compensator on the non-efi 2.4's.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
      OK, the 1KZ/T I have here at the mo, the intake pressure is measured by the sensor like normal, but unlike the 'E' motors its also connected to the fuel pump. So the pump has a connection to the intake pressure. I'd guess this regulates fuel verses boost pressure mechanically via a vacuum operated bellows depending on how wide open the throttle is.

Its connected to what looks the same as the High Altitude Compensator on the non-efi 2.4's.
      Sounds like a boost compensator to me.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN

Ah, thats interesting! So maybe it changes the fuel pressure based on the amount of boost it senses...

Thanks guys!

Cheers, Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by monsterer
          Ah, thats interesting! So maybe it changes the fuel pressure based on the amount of boost it senses...

Thanks guys!

Cheers, Paul.
          So...

To bleed into this thread from the 'Electronic Boost Control' thread...

Assuming I remain within what the ECU map is capable of adjusting to (around 15psi boost?) then the fuel will be adjusted to suit, based on the system described here?

I was worried that I would have to modify fuel delivery too!
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
          X