Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just brought a surf - but what type?

Hi there,

I've just brought a manual 3.0TD 94 surf to pinch the engine out of (its going into a monster hilux pickup), however it says 4runner on the back of it, does that mean its imported?

Also, i couldn't find the engine code anywhere on the engine, i wanted to confirm its the 1KZT or 1KZT-E engine. I've attached some pictures in the hopes that you folk will be able to identify it for me!

Cheers, Paul.

Originally posted by monsterer
    Hi there,

I've just brought a manual 3.0TD 94 surf to pinch the engine out of (its going into a monster hilux pickup), however it says 4runner on the back of it, does that mean its imported?

Also, i couldn't find the engine code anywhere on the engine, i wanted to confirm its the 1KZT or 1KZT-E engine. I've attached some pictures in the hopes that you folk will be able to identify it for me!

Cheers, Paul.
    hi If it s a 4runner then its U.K model.The imports are known as Surfs.It should have it on the vin plate somewhere i would of thought
    Last edited by stormforce; 29 October 2006, 15:15.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I think you will find it has the KZN 130 engine.

But I could be wrong again
      I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Throttle cable looks like it goes to the fuel pump so will be a 1KZ-T

Nev

Comment

Just thought I might add that I don't believe the UK 4Runner had a 1KZ-TE engine. TonyN will know for sure.

Nev

Comment

Is there any way i can know for sure - i couldn't find the engine number on the engine - where is it supposed to be?

Is the vin plate on the body, under the bonnet? I can't read that its corroded!

Cheers, Paul.

Comment

the vin plate is at the back of the engine on the bulkhead in the pics you show, it should say the engine code on there.
              Tim
              Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
                the vin plate is at the back of the engine on the bulkhead in the pics you show, it should say the engine code on there.
                Bugger, i can't read that plate because its corroded!

Is there no number on the engine itself? I want to be sure its the 3.0, and not the 2.4!

Cheers, Paul.

Comment

looking at the cam belt cover its a 3 litre td .

Comment

Bugger, i can't read that plate because its corroded!

Is there no number on the engine itself? I want to be sure its the 3.0, and not the 2.4!

Cheers, Paul.
                    i'm not totally sure but did they ever make a 2.4 four runner?
                    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Look at the beam behind the driver's front wheel and you should see a number stamped into the metal - if it's LN it's a 2.4 if it's KZN then it's a 3.0 Litre.

Trev
                      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
                        Look at the beam behind the driver's front wheel and you should see a number stamped into the metal - if it's LN it's a 2.4 if it's KZN then it's a 3.0 Litre.

Trev
                        Where abouts? Here is my drivers front wheel:

Comment

I just tried looking for mine, I KNOW it's there, but hiding in the gloom and mud

Try reading this, it should help

Trev
                          Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Cheers, Paul.
                            That is a 3.0 engine in a uk 4runner - the turbo is mounted low on the left - the 2.4 is mounted much higher, so close to the brake servo it has to have a s/s heat shield.
                            Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

2.4 engine has the oil filter on the drivers side near the bottom, the 3.0 has it on the passenger side near the top.

Comment

Working...
                              X