Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking about getting one !

Hi All,

I am now thinking about investing in one of these little machines and as it will be used on a 60/40 work/pleasure, I need an opinion on whether to go for the 3rd or 4th gen vehicle ? I most likely will have around 12k
    in the coming weeks to invest

So is the intercooler versions better as all I can tell by looking at these motors is that it has the air intake on the bonnet !

Most likely to look out for the SSRG.

Any opinions

Thanks

3rd of 4th Gen?

Just to make sure, what age truck are you looking at?
    I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

I am not sure, I have been down this road before and business was slack so held off, things looking a bit rosey again ! Just need ideas realy !

Comment

there is a 2001 surf in the for sale section dont know if its sold yet or no

but me i like the 2nd gen
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

4th gen (i.e. after 2002, I think) you can't really get in the UK so go for a third.

Intercooler cools the air going into the engine which blah blah blah. It goes faster.

You can get a sh1t hot one for 12 grand. If you don't care about running costs, look for the 3.4 V6 petrol too.

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
            there is a 2001 surf in the for sale section dont know if its sold yet or no

but me i like the 2nd gen
            And here it is. Oooooooh.

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26547

Comment

Does look nice indeed, As the 4th is very rare so expect the parts to be also !

Still toying

Comment

If i were to purchase from a dealer, what dealers are reccomended and avoided !

I have looked at the algysautos.com website, any good

Comment

Working...
                X