Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non Starter

Hi folks,
    Came home from work today and the surf was just fine, went to do a bit of shopping later-nothing! Truck wont start, no glow plug light. Called RAC and he couldn't find anything, but there is no power at the plugs and no fuel at the injectors. Is there anything obvious that i can check or could this be something big? Could it be ECU? Can it be reset? Any help much appreciated,
    Thanks in advance
    Eddie the Air-con doctor
    [COLOR=darkred]Eddie The Air-Con Doctor[/COLOR]

You can reset the ECU by disconnecting the batterys for 10mins.

Make sure the fuel cut of solonoid is working, sound like it could be an imobiliser issue.

Also check all the earth connections, there is a wire that bolts to the back of the head, from the loom from under the intake manifold that grounds all the plugs on the fuel pump.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks tony,
      Tried ECU reset and no difference. Bit dark to do anything else so intend to call in electrics expert tomorrow. At least SV650 is available if i need to go out! I will post result (if I get one!) to help others.

Comment

Had the exact same problem a couple of months ago , after too much messing about it turned out to be the ecu, you need to check which fuel pump you have , a conventional type pump could possibly be bypassed on the electrical side but not so on a surf fitted with a different type of pump,look at the pump and you may well see four or five different electrical connections , if it has try to connect the terminals on the diagnostic plug (all info on this site if you look ) if you don't get any joy from that i am 90% sure your ECU wil have failed. engine check light and glow plug light not illuminating at ignition switch on is a failure of the ECU. hope this may be of some help. Paul.

Comment

Well, I tried every electrical connection I could find and no joy. So I spoke to some guys I know who sell imported 4X4's and tried my ECU on a Surf they had in. Same symptoms so its the ECU. Imports 4 U in Saltash had a couple of breakers and sold me a new (2nd hand) ECU for 200 quid. Since then everything has been fine. Incidentally, Imports 4 U have 3 breakers, including an SSR-G with full Recaro interior and 3.0 engine and 'box (but no ECU!) get them on 01752841414.

Comment

Working...
          X