do i have a head problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do i have a head problem

i have noticed white smoke coming from the exhaust when i start up but after a couple of minutes it clears up? when i look inside the bonnet the radiator breather tank bubbling and spraying water, the car is driving fine and the temp gauge is normal, i have been to a couple of local garages but no one seems intrested in having a look becouse its a import
    colin

I don't know much, but change your thermostat and rad cap (especially) before sh1tting yourself.

Comment

Get someone to test the coolant for combustion gases, that will tell if the head needs to come off or not.

Any half decent garage should be able to do that for you, import or not.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

thank for the help i,ll be off on friday i,ll find a garage to have a look.
        colin

Comment

o dear

colin my 3.0 started to do that after the rad decided to pop on me i replaced the rad drove around for a week it was only when i had the bonnet up that a noticed the bubbling in the expansion bottle and a build up of pressure in the rad .
          from cold if the rad cap is off as soon as i started `the engine it would throw water out and every second puffs of white smoke .
          need i say any more i have now entrusted it to Tony At 4x4 Toys its got a cracked head but it could of just been the head gasket normally but he,s told me its the best so far so i,m just waiting for the pics now . give him a ring his numbers on here some wear hope yours is just the Gaskett

Comment

Originally posted by smnspark
            need i say any more i have now entrusted it to Tony At 4x4 Toys its got a cracked head but it could of just been the head gasket normally but he,s told me its the best so far so i,m just waiting for the pics now
            is it better than mine tony!

Comment

mines in for repair now,i don't know what caused it.these surf are all getting old and with stand a lot of abuse, so i'm just blaming old age for the cracked head,somethings got to give.
              colin

Comment

Working...
              X