Batteries/battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batteries/battery

hi, feeling dim, but read all the threads on your battery problems today, (and we are having the same problem as well, But why is it everyone is saying you have two batterys one on left and right, we have only one battery, it has the toyota markings on it, i really can't work it out,. OH has a vague idea but not really sure himself. Just rung him and our son who is a mechanic to double check that we didn't have two batteries,!!!,

Most 3rd gens only have one battery. Only the cold climate 3rd gen trucks have two.

Where as most 2nd gens all have two batterys.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by ian and jean
      hi, feeling dim, but read all the threads on your battery problems today, (and we are having the same problem as well, But why is it everyone is saying you have two batterys one on left and right, we have only one battery, it has the toyota markings on it, i really can't work it out,. OH has a vague idea but not really sure himself. Just rung him and our son who is a mechanic to double check that we didn't have two batteries,!!!,
      Quite a few 2nd Gens were fitted with an optional winter pack, which meant a second battery - each is fitted just behind a head light - left and right.
      Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo
        Quite a few 2nd Gens were fitted with an optional winter pack, which meant a second battery - each is fitted just behind a head light - left and right.
        Less people have the winter pack than you think, pull the fuse box lid off and see if you have a relay in the fuel heater socket, Most don't, two extra plugs on top of the fuel filter for the fuel heater are also signs.

I've only seen one or two older deisel 2nd gens that didn't have two batteries.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Beware the Winter Pack. Heated seats give you Chalfonts!
          It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
          X