Removing radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing radio

The Toyota radio has been replaced by a JVC (front removable). It appears to be fitted behind the metal central console. I cannot see how to get the cover off and I want to change the radio. I have got the handles for pulling the radio. I have searched Google and found the JVC instructions, but cannot find anything about the Surf dashboard.
    Can anyone help please.

Originally posted by alant4
    The Toyota radio has been replaced by a JVC (front removable). It appears to be fitted behind the metal central console. I cannot see how to get the cover off and I want to change the radio. I have got the handles for pulling the radio. I have searched Google and found the JVC instructions, but cannot find anything about the Surf dashboard.
    Can anyone help please.
    Is yours a late 2nd gen or an early 3rd Gen ?

If it's the former you got to unscrew it, once you have removed ALL 3 pieces of the lower dash.

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Radio removal

Thanks for reply.

It is an early 3rd gen.

Comment

Then I am sorry but cannot help you 2nd Gen owner

Trev
        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Can anyone help please.
          its nothing like the conventional way of doing it like on a uk car ` not dun one for a long time but be very carfull you got to pull the center bit out all together this is the plastic that covers around the sterio and heater controls ` ther is one or two screws that keep the cover in place they ar hiden behind somthing but i canot rimember? one may be behind the heater controls i think it clips out then you will see one of the screws its not hard but you got to take your time and look for the screws but be gentle when you pull the thing away sorry couldent be more helpful as its hard to think back regards paul

Comment

START BACK AT THE HAND BRAKE REMOVE CENTER CONSUL JUST PULLS UP, KEEP GOING FORWARD. THEN REMOVE HEATER KNOB X 2 PULL TOWARDS YOU REMOVE FACE PLATE OF THIS AREA THIS WILL REVEAL TWO SCREWS, REMOVE THESE. SHOULD JUST PULL OUT TO FRONT! THIS IS WHERE YOU GET TO PLAY WITH THAT LITTLE RED BUTTON BUT THE GEAR KNOB PRESS IT AND PULL GEAR LEVER TO 1 YOU SHOULD NOW HAVE THE DASH IN BITS, OULL THE WIRES FROM THE RERAR OF THE PANEL AND YOU HAVE ACCESS TO STERIO MOUNT.OU CAN SEE THE FOUR SCREWS SURROUNDING THIS, GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Any other way of getting to the back to plug in a CD changer on a double DIN Sony unit?

Comment

Radio removal 3rd Gen.

Thanks for replies. Not a 5 minute job, will have to tackle it later.

When I did my original search I did not find the previous information, But when I received the replies to my question the related threads then showed the previous information. Any ideas why?

Comment

Radio removal 3rd Gen & DAB radio

Thanks to MRSURF & TREEFROG for your instructions. I tackled the job and it took me about 1hr in total.
                  I installed the JVC DAB radio with the supplied windscreen aerial. Reception on DAB was rubbish - kept losing programme. Spoke to JVC and they said it was poor coverage by Digital. I read a lot of posts of varying reports on DAB - lots with no problem. I decided to try an external aerial, attached to rear door (to avoid drilling roof). I bought a Blaupunk (wrong spelling) aerial complete with 5m of cable. 5m of cable is only just long enough. Tried to pull off windscreen aerial by lying on floor & reaching under dashboard - no success - so out came radio again. This time 45 minutes. Result, excellent reception. My experience says buy an external aerial.
                  Thanks again.

Comment

Thanks to MRSURF & TREEFROG for your instructions. I tackled the job and it took me about 1hr in total.
                    I installed the JVC DAB radio with the supplied windscreen aerial. Reception on DAB was rubbish - kept losing programme. Spoke to JVC and they said it was poor coverage by Digital. I read a lot of posts of varying reports on DAB - lots with no problem. I decided to try an external aerial, attached to rear door (to avoid drilling roof). I bought a Blaupunk (wrong spelling) aerial complete with 5m of cable. 5m of cable is only just long enough. Tried to pull off windscreen aerial by lying on floor & reaching under dashboard - no success - so out came radio again. This time 45 minutes. Result, excellent reception. My experience says buy an external aerial.
                    Thanks again.
                    Hello Alan Where did you get you external aerial from.

Colin
                    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Working...
                    X