yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3ltr 2nd gen over heating thort they didant??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3ltr 2nd gen over heating thort they didant??

after selling somthing like 100 3ltr surfs am now stumped` yes sold one today the customer got just over 100 miles and now needle up and down now up in the red so told the guy to get the aa to take him home until i can sort it` the aa guy thinks it is the thermostat but i recon head gasket what do yer think???? never had this before with 3ltrs also the truck is now down watford am up north so dose anyone know a good mecanic or gararge down that part of the country as got a feeling am going to be taken for a ride ??? any ideas any information would be most grateful

Originally posted by mrsurf
    after selling somthing like 100 3ltr surfs am now stumped` yes sold one today the customer got just over 100 miles and now needle up and down now up in the red so told the guy to get the aa to take him home until i can sort it` the aa guy thinks it is the thermostat but i recon head gasket what do yer think???? never had this before with 3ltrs also the truck is now down watford am up north so dose anyone know a good mecanic or gararge down that part of the country as got a feeling am going to be taken for a ride ??? any ideas any information would be most grateful
    could be the thermo but could it have air locks in the coolant system
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

yes you have a point ther thanks `but trouble is the truck is down south and the guy aint no mecanic by anyones standerds i have only got until tomorow to get some one over ther to have a look for me ? how often have you come acrose the gasket going on these ?? i am thinking it is the thermostat in fact am $$$$$$ praying it is` lol if any one knows any one down that way watford i would only be to wiling to make it worth ther time ?????? or any sugestions on a good gararge down ther that is reputable cheers anyone ?

Comment

aint jotto that way ??
        Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

my 3litre cracked its head... within warrenty im pleased to say..
          TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

thanks joker the guys a star going to have a look tomora thanks again for the hellp fingers crosed may be out of the $$$$t

Comment

Originally posted by andrewlee31
              my 3litre cracked its head... within warrenty im pleased to say..
              even better mine went on the previous owner
              Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

its now looking like the rad

Comment

Originally posted by mrsurf
                  its now looking like the rad
                  Better than the head

Trev
                  Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

yep much beter but am stil waiting on a gas test to make sure
                    Last edited by mrsurf; 19 September 2006, 18:11.

Comment

Just a thought, but wouldn't it be worthwhile replacing the thermostat and rad cap
                      on the vehicles before you sell them? Could save you some pain and guesswork
                      in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                        Just a thought, but wouldn't it be worthwhile replacing the thermostat and rad cap
                        in the future.
                        Now if you are cunning you could do that and use it as a selling point to be one above the rest

Trev
                        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                          in the future.
                          take it you mean flushing the rad and replacing the cap and thermostat its a fair coment` but this is the first time that it has hapand on on a 3ltr after selling a real large amount of them ` it tends to be the norm for 2.4s but not 3ltrs and i wont sell 2.4s anymore but wher i went wrong with this was not driving it back like i do with all my trucks unfortunately this one was already motd `and purchased from a privat guy in the uk ` this is not the norm for me as i normaly drive them back from the docks by that time problems tend to show themselves by then` also the japs normaly sort them out before i get them ` this one came from one of our ethnic friends ` well not mine aniway

Comment

over heating

had prob with over heating found that the fan was not cutting in if the revs over 3000 but if you bring the revs down too 2/2500 then tne fan would start to work no prob

Comment

Mine behaves like that when the rad's full of mud, particularly when the aircon is switched-in.

It's not been off road has it?

Comment

Working...
                              X