Paul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul

Can any one help with an intermitent over heating problem. I have had head removed and rebuilt-new viscous fan-new belts and thermostat. I can drive at a sedate speed without problems and drive for a least 1 hour when the outside temperature is coolish-the really hot spell we had caused continuous problems. I have not let the gauge reach the red mark. Is the water pump the problem? The bill is going up and I still have a problem.

vehicle model??
    CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Originally posted by m04wk000
      Can any one help with an intermitent over heating problem. I have had head removed and rebuilt-new viscous fan-new belts and thermostat. I can drive at a sedate speed without problems and drive for a least 1 hour when the outside temperature is coolish-the really hot spell we had caused continuous problems. I have not let the gauge reach the red mark. Is the water pump the problem? The bill is going up and I still have a problem.

Hi if i was you i would change the thermostat and rad cap and give the coolant a burping.Heaters on full power set to hot rad cap off and top up when the level starts dropping
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by slim
        vehicle model??
        ssr-g 1998 kzn185 with intercooler

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
          Hi if i was you i would change the thermostat and rad cap and give the coolant a burping.Heaters on full power set to hot rad cap off and top up when the level starts dropping
          should have said-replaced rad, which came with new cap before I went for rebuild. Trapped air is good place to look before I replace water pump!

Comment

Originally posted by m04wk000
            should have said-replaced rad, which came with new cap before I went for rebuild. Trapped air is good place to look before I replace water pump!
            what about the thermostat has that been changed
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
            X