Help Needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Needed!

Went out to her this morning, wont start! gen 3,(96) 3.0, in 'p', immobiliser off, but nothing! tried and tried again but she wont go, sometimes sounds like flat batteries, checked them 11.56v on both! any clues? starter? ecu?

Make sure the cables are clamped on tight on the battery terminals.
    And the battery fluid levels are o.k.

Comment

also make sure its in park
      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Presumably the 11.5V is with nothing happening. What does the voltage do when you try to start the engine? 11.5 is low for a standing battery (should be around 12.5) and I think your flat battery diagnosis could be correct.
        Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Cheers for the reply's, shes in park! but nothing! looking thru roughtrax, they have stated,
          "Basic starter repair kit for the 1KZTE engine starter. After being asked to order this twin kit direct for a customer, we have found that it seems to be a regular fault that the starter just keeps clicking and does not turn the engine over, these components are the main cause of the starter solenoid failure. To date and to the best of knowledge this twin kit has repaired every starter. We have now added the "Magnetic Plunger" switch to the kit as this also seems to be a regular part that fails, and a relatively cheap component. To aid fitting we have also produced a fitting breakdown sheet showing were the components are fitted to help our customers."
          sounds like it could be starter, my man in the know will be visiting tomorrow so i'll let you know.

Comment

If your batteries are showing 11.5V then they are definitely flat. If you have a battery charger, get them both off and on charge overnight.

I'd check to see if your alternator is charging as if they are down that low suddenly then it's either something left on drawing current or both batteries are being knackered by not getting sufficient charge. Try jump starting it. If that works then you'll know it's not the starter contacts.
            Mike G

Comment

My Man, Aka (crusty Old Deisel Mech) Came Along Took One Listen, Your Batteries Are Low! Put His Meter On During Start, Down To 6v, They Are Now On Charge, See How We Go!!

Comment

After A Night Under Charge She Turned Over First Time! Now To Try And Find The Cause Of It, Will Be Fun!!

Comment

Originally posted by Treefrog166
                  After A Night Under Charge She Turned Over First Time! Now To Try And Find The Cause Of It, Will Be Fun!!
                  It could also be 1 battery that is faulty, A friend of mine had a similar problem with his 3.0. 1 battery died (completly) and it was drawing all the current out of the other one
                  Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Working...
                  X