Windscreen shattered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windscreen shattered

Appealing to all you avid hilux surfers out there. The young non english speaking eastern european guy at my local jewsons builders merchants managed to shatter my windscreen in my generation 3 surf, now will I be able to phone the insurance company and get a result or will I never in a million years be able to source a new windscreen with the same tint. Any advice would be appreciated.

You should be able to get a replacement easy enough, a few owners on here have had replacement screens. Mention the word 4runner if they can't find Surf in their books.

Comment

As Vince says, others have gotten new screens without problem, however as yours is a 3rd Gen a UK 4Runner (2nd Gen) one will not fit. I think its the same as a later pick-up.

Try searching the forums, you'll find exactly which models screens can be used.
      Maurice
      Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

A 4Runner screen fits.

Although I had to spell '4Runner' for the Autoglass operative before they could find it ("theres no Four Runners on our system....sorry").

Sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock99
          A 4Runner screen fits.

Although I had to spell '4Runner' for the Autoglass operative before they could find it ("theres no Four Runners on our system....sorry").

Sigh.
          Not on a Gen 3, surely?!?
          It just does, OK?

Comment

Others have had screens replaced, you just need to repeat and make sure they understand what year truck it is and that its not a pickup.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I had mine replaced no problem they just needed the vin number and got it from toyota. Make sure you ask them to replace the seal at the same time as apparently they can break when removing the old screen.

Comment

Working...
              X