yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Nicaragua everyone! New Member here with engine troubles!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Nicaragua everyone! New Member here with engine troubles!

My name is Jorge and I have a 3rd gen 98 hilux surf(4runner) with a 1 kz-te motor and kzn-185 chassis, 3.0 4 cyl turbocharged diesel with a manual transmission, and I love it.

My car has been great since I bought it new in Latin America, Nicaragua specifically, thats where I live. We call them 4runners over here not hilux surf .

But we do get the proper hilux surf that comes over right hand drive from Japan and are converted to left hand drive(Nicaragua is left hand drive).

Well I love it! And I hope it lasts me another 8 years!If I can find out whats happening to it lately.

I have driven it for about 160,000 km since I got it. That's the mileage. Never once has it broken down and left me stranded.

Well lately it seems that I have a major concern:

1)There is a hose that is attached to the top of the engine.Engine oil is coming out of it. I believe its a engine breather hose or something of that sort, like a vent hose.

Is this oil coming out of hose normal? Is it abnormal?

Please explain if I should fix something.

Thank You for your time

Thanks for the opportunity to be a member of this great forum.

Jorge from Nicaragua with a 98 Hilux Surf
    Last edited by nicasurf; 3 August 2006, 14:26.

hi jorge
    if it is the breather pipe it is normal for some oil to be in pipe,
    i have fitted a catch can to try stop some of the oil going down to the turbo,asked the same question when i joined ,lol
    oh and welcome
    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Thanks Joker

I am glad it is normal for that to happen. If the oil does leak on to the turbo. What happens? Does this affect the turbo?

Cool !Great! thanks, Joker. These vehicles are great!aren't they!

Jorge

Comment

you may be talking about the drain pipe coming from the filter housing it stope close to the oil drain plug but is tucked behind the bash plate. after an oil change and when the oil filter is removed what happens is the oil leaks from the filter and end up going down that drain pipe. a new owner would think that it is an oil leak and the only way to check is to take of that bash plate

Comment

Working...
        X