O/D Light.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O/D Light.

This morning soon after starting off my "O/D off" light started flashing on the dashboard.
    The O/D is always on.
    I checked the O/D button and it was in the on position.
    The truck seemed to be in a lower gear, so the O/D was definitely off.

After about 3 miles the light stopped flashing and the car felt "normal" again.

Do I need to do something, do I need to worry ?

Any advice appreciated.

Try searching the forums for 'O/D Light' theres a few good write ups in there.
    But at a guess I'd suggest that it's one of your shift solenoids (controls how the gearbox shifts) that is stuffed. It seems fairly common once they have gotten older.

Comment

Thanks Steve, I did a "Search" before posting, but found very little, perhaps I didn't search properly.

I have since consulted a business that sells Japanese import gearboxes, clutches etc and the Boss thinks its a solenoid as well, but he needs to see the vehicle when the light is on and the vehicle is running (he actually has a gadget that can read the onboard computer).
      As the incidents are so spasmodic, I have yet to get near his garage with the light on.

I will post the eventual outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Cranfield
        Thanks Steve, I did a "Search" before posting, but found very little, perhaps I didn't search properly.

I have since consulted a business that sells Japanese import gearboxes, clutches etc and the Boss thinks its a solenoid as well, but he needs to see the vehicle when the light is on and the vehicle is running (he actually has a gadget that can read the onboard computer).
        As the incidents are so spasmodic, I have yet to get near his garage with the light on.

I will post the eventual outcome.
        The fault code should be stored wether the light is on or off!!
        You can read the code yourself with a paper clip no need for a fancy gadget.
        Do a search for fault codes.
        Trust your Hound.

Comment

Working...
        X