Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tyre pressures?????

Have tried looking thru the site.......

Can anybody tell me what the tyre pressure are for a 1996 Surf SSRX fitted with 265x70Rx16 Dunlops Grandtreks (road use only) ??????
    THANKS

30-33psi

Comment

Originally posted by keefee18

Can anybody tell me what the tyre pressure are for a 1996 Surf SSRX fitted with 265x70Rx16 Dunlops Grandtreks (road use only) ??????
      THANKS
      It says 2 bar on the door piller drivers side, which is as Vince said 32/33 psi
      SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Originally posted by charvell
        It says 2 bar on the door piller drivers side, which is as Vince said 32/33 psi

2 Bar is 29psi. which is what i run mine at. much harder and and it gets kinda bumpy with ES9000 shocks.

But horses for courses.
        mudnstuff.me.uk

Comment

lucky boots aint here , he liked 45
          Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

This 'uns an import - doesn't say nuffink on the pillars....

Comment

as told to me by an english teacher some 25 years ago , if it dont say nuffing then it must say something

Comment

Correct tyre pressure varies with type of tyre, size of tyre and weight of vehicle. You have the correct tyre pressure when you get a 4psi increase in pressure between cold and hot tryes.

My Surf is what you might call heavy with steel bull bar, 200ltr fuel capacity and 31" muddies. I run 40psi cold when unlaiden. Mate with a Prado has some tyres and runs 45psi unlaiden. We both get a 4psi pressure change between cold and hot tyres and our tyres last about 90,000km.
                Pete. R.
                93 SSRG
                1KZ-TE
                Canberra
                Australia
                [IMG]http://au.geocities.com/maverick_asraam/pictures_files/100_3790.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by keefee18

THANKS
                  Same surf, same size tyres. Run mine at 30psi (its easier to aim for than 29! which is what the sticker says). If its fully loaded with heavy stuff I up the rears to about 33-35 and the front to 32.

Comment

Working...
                  X