Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooling Fans Fit New Viscouse Or Kenlowe

Hi

I have finally tracked down my overheating test down to the viscous fan being faulty. It stopped very easily with loose rolled newspaper. I am now unsure weather to fit a new viscous fan (if the old one can not be repaired) or just fit a new KENLOWE fan to replace the viscous one. Any thoughts?

Peter

changing the silicon oil in the viscous fan is the cheapest option and should sort it out theres a couple of threads on it try a search.

Comment

Originally posted by surfoffroad
      Hi

I have finally tracked down my overheating test down to the viscous fan being faulty. It stopped very easily with loose rolled newspaper. I am now unsure weather to fit a new viscous fan (if the old one can not be repaired) or just fit a new KENLOWE fan to replace the viscous one. Any thoughts?

Peter
      i hate the 'experience is the answer' senario, thought i had mine all sorted but with the abient temp in the high 20's , welsh hills/mountains and a topped up viscous fan im back to the drawing board
      im phoning kenlowe in the morning and ordering a nice big fan.
      i had done a vince on my viscous fan and drilled three holes thru it and bolted it up solid , guess wot the fan has self destructed as the bolt holes werenot quite simitrical(live and learn)
      if the kenlowe works you will hear my screams of you from a welsh mountain top. if it dont work then . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
      Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Working...
      X