Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help

Hello to all, a new member to the site...

Can anybody help, Im new to surfs and im about to view a surf on saturday morn with the intention of buying, the vehicle is a 3.0td ssr-x 94 `M` 70,000 miles (uk).I know that the 2.4`s are the one`s to be carefull of but can anybody give me any tips on what to look for. It has had one uk owner since 2004 when it was first registered and has no towbar fitted and is also a manual.

Many thanks Chris.

Originally posted by Chris.G
    Hello to all, a new member to the site...

Can anybody help, Im new to surfs and im about to view a surf on saturday morn with the intention of buying, the vehicle is a 3.0td ssr-x 94 `M` 70,000 miles (uk).I know that the 2.4`s are the one`s to be carefull of but can anybody give me any tips on what to look for. It has had one uk owner since 2004 when it was first registered and has no towbar fitted and is also a manual.

Many thanks Chris.
    I would check
    everything works
    apperance of coolant, oil and underneath for corrosion(being as its been here for a while)
    bottoms of doors (same reason)
    air con
    and all the normal things
    you will need to get on to some loose surface to check 4wd as no centre dif
    rear window can give probs, check it moves well from interior switch and key
    Saggy ar$e syndrome
    as its manual check for any clutch related noises (if it has a sprung flywheel and is on the way out its a shedload of £££s to sort it
    Look at many, there are loads out there and newly imported ones do tend to be clean, dont forget buying from a dealer does give you come back - private sales can = buyer beware
    hope you find a good un
    and being as I am the first this time....welcome and in my humble opinion blue ones are the Mutt's Nutts
    you didn't give an indication of the price!
    Did I mention I have a BLUE one
    Tony

Comment

welcome along, here is your starter pack! http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/info/faq.htm
      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
        welcome along, here is your starter pack! http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/info/faq.htm

Many thanks for your help great bit of info, thanks again.

Comment

Working...
        X