tempreture problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tempreture problem

if anyone can help I would appretiate it.
    At normal driving speeds around town the tempreture gauge moves to the middle of the range and sits there qite comfortably, but as soon as I put my foot down and accerate to motorway speeds the gauge goes right up to the top of the gauge. This does not seem normal to me. Does anyone have any suggestions as to why this is? All suggestions welcome.
    Coolant levels are really good

Viscous fan probs?

Comment

I am a complete novice at this. Could you let me be more specific. What should I bee looking o and is it an easy fix?

Comment

i would suggest that you check all your water pipes and rad for partial blockage, it is unlikley to be a fan prob as the viscous fan only realy does its job when exelerating. the air intake through the grill is what cools down the rad at high speeds. so it sounds like your coolant isnt getting cooled enough.. also try ya thermostat!!

have you got anything blocking your front grill????

just a few thing to be going on with....

another thought!!! water pump may be worn..
        Last edited by slim; 3 June 2006, 16:01.
        CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

thanks for the advise. The rad is clear in front, I have two amber spots on the front but they are below the rad intake. Probably a blockage somewhere. I will check that out and test again. Hopefully it is just a blockage and not something more serious.

Comment

Originally posted by Camone
            thanks for the advise. The rad is clear in front, I have two amber spots on the front but they are below the rad intake. Probably a blockage somewhere. I will check that out and test again. Hopefully it is just a blockage and not something more serious.
            also next time your out in it check your front and rear heaters are hot all the time.....
            CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Working...
            X