yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help- What exhaust parts should I order?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help- What exhaust parts should I order?

Hi folks,

Just wondering if some kind and knowledgeable surfer could help me order the correct exhaust parts (planning to get from Milners). Need to get the parts delivered ASAP cas I want the garage to service and fit in time for a trip next week.

Tail pipe has finally rusted through and broken off. I have 'un-clipped' about 2ft of pipe with 8inch cyllinder attached (pipe has rusted through just beyond this). There are no bolts on this bit so I'm assuming I just need the 'tailpipe No 4' (KNZ130). Do I need 'exhaust box No 3' as well?

Going to get some uprated rear spings too

Any help very, very much appreciated!
    Last edited by osker; 1 June 2006, 21:42.
    where's this bit go then?

Exhausts & Springs

Have changed to the Milner uprated springs. Big improvement in road height (+50mm) and much better when towing. These are not difficult to change - see various articles on this forum, which by the way has the best information on I have ever seen on any forum before, rebuilt my starter motor at the weekend using articles and part numbers off the site. New Starter motor + fitting can be as much as £200-250. Did it for £35, the guy at the local Toyota dealer was most bemused as to how I knew the correct part numbers.

Have also changed the two exhaust boxes you mention. Box 4 is a pattern part and it not expensive. Box 3 is the silencer that looks like it belongs on a lorry, only change this if it is in bad condition. The box 3 from Milners is a genuine Toyota part so is expensive. Go careful with the exhaust flange bolts, get plenty of WD40 or similar on them before you try to move them. Use an impact wrench if you can, I stripped the corners off one of the bolts with a ring spanner and had to drill the whole thing out an fit a nut and bolt right through. These bolts have a non-standard metric thread with a very fine pitch, so are not easy to obtain. Don't forget the flange gaskets when you order the exhaust(s).
    Fitting is not too difficult as SURFs have loads of room underneath. Box 3 is very heavy when you are offering it up, if you have any mates into bench pressing it's worth a beer to get them to help!

Colin

Comment

Thanks Colin,

So, sounds like I just need 'Tail Pipe No 4' which is great cas it's not too expensive. I do have hole about 1 inch diameter in the big silencer (which I assume is 'Box No 3') but assume/hope this isn't too serious!

Looking forward to those new springs. The front torsion bar is 'wound up' - looks better but is this bad long-term?

Keith
      Last edited by osker; 1 June 2006, 22:24.
      where's this bit go then?

Comment

Re

Hi there,

Personally I think you are CRAZY to order a mild steel exhaust!

For slightly more (sometimes LESS) you can get a stainless steel system built and fitted!

On our roads, which are salted to death, a mild steel system only lasts a short time!

A stainless system will out live the truck, in all probability!

Plenty of threads on stainless systems here, just search!

Later!

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by hellmett
          Hi there,

Personally I think you are CRAZY to order a mild steel exhaust!

For slightly more (sometimes LESS) you can get a stainless steel system built and fitted!

On our roads, which are salted to death, a mild steel system only lasts a short time!

A stainless system will out live the truck, in all probability!

Plenty of threads on stainless systems here, just search!

Later!

Gary
          A stainless system is well worth considering if you're thinking of doing any offroading- you can have the exhaust re-routed to exit at a more sensible position (see pic). As Gary said you can get a stainless system made up for the same as mild steel one these days.

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock99
            A stainless system is well worth considering if you're thinking of doing any offroading- you can have the exhaust re-routed to exit at a more sensible position (see pic). As Gary said you can get a stainless system made up for the same as mild steel one these days.

off to get my exhaust done wednesday,, what size pipe did you have put on yours ??
            Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Working...
            X