Why is there a shudder when I break?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is there a shudder when I break?

I've noticed a shudder when I break at high speed. It starts over 40+mph. What do you think it might be? Also the steering wobbles slightly too. Can you help? Hilux Surf L Reg 3.0 TD with cruise.

warped brake disc(s) maybe?
    Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop
      warped brake disc(s) maybe?
      Possibly but also check for siezed front brake caliper(s).

Comment

warped and seized go hand in hand really with wobbly steering wheel and brakes.

Comment

When this happened to me i noticed that the discs were corroding and small areas of the surface had flaked away.

Comment

Originally posted by 24840399
            I've noticed a shudder when I break at high speed. It starts over 40+mph. What do you think it might be? Also the steering wobbles slightly too. Can you help? Hilux Surf L Reg 3.0 TD with cruise.

You're running low on plutonium and the flux capacitor is going into default mode.

Comment

check the aforementioned items....but I found that after changing the tie-rod ends, idler arm and pitman arm plus alignment the wheels no longer produce this effect.
              Gaz

Comment

I had the exact same problem as you describe. The forum correctly identified the brake discs as being the problem - I replaced them (easy DIY job) and the problem is now rectified.
                1996 3rd generation surf

Comment

Working...
                X