Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Selector Indicator/Display..??

Hello,

I'm a newbie here and could not fine an answer to this.

I recently got my lovely KZN185 3.0TD (P Reg) Auto. One thing I have been wondering is if this model should have some sort of indicator in the dash to show what gear you have selected. I have driven many autos but mine does not have this. Do I have a fuse gone or does the KZN185 not have such a display...???

Cheers,

Steve
    Oh I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...

Mine doesn't...
    Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

interesting ?? i have owned auto's too and never had 1 tell me what gear i was in , other than the numbers on the gear selector stick ie- D for DRIVE.

Comment

THe Toyota Rav 4 Auto had an in-dash gear indicator. Was driving my daughter's 1998 car in Cyprus a few weeks back and was amazed to see it, although it was useful when I pulled the lever back too far into "2" on a couple of ocassions.
        Mike G

Comment

I think the later 98/99 onwards 3rd gens have an indicator in the dash, but not the early models.

Comment

Finally found a picture of a later dash with the indicator on it - look at this page http://www.4runners.org/articles/wfg/

Comment

I guess not then...

Thanks guys, if it doesn't have a dash indicator then thats one less job I have.

Cheers

Steve
              Oh I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...

Comment

Working...
              X