Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My New Surf

Hello everybody,
    I have just bought a Surf SSR-X 1995 its a 3ltr diesel and i have a few questions, the ect light on the dash does not light up, also the hard/soft switch does not light up on the dash, where the temp control leaver is, just below the button selection for where you want the air to go.........is this area supposed to be lite when the lights are on? at night i can`t see a thing! except the neons behind the selection buttons.
    And the handling, hmmmm i`m used to driving cars and transits, but i went around a corner in the wet between 20 to 25 mph and it went!!! i just managed to pull it back, it seems very hairy in the wet, is this common?
    I`d also love a light in the glove box, any ideas on how to do it? It also guzzels the diesel, what do i have to do to be able to run it on cooking oil? not 100% maybe 40% to 50% oil and is it agood idea? ok thanks in advance for your help, when i figure out how to use this site i will down load some pics of my surf, hey its got a Hylux badge on the bonnet, it looks the business!! have`nt noticed this before on other surfs.

Originally posted by notch
    Hello everybody,
    I have just bought a Surf SSR-X 1995 its a 3ltr diesel and i have a few questions, the ect light on the dash does not light up, also the hard/soft switch does not light up on the dash, where the temp control leaver is, just below the button selection for where you want the air to go.........is this area supposed to be lite when the lights are on? at night i can`t see a thing! except the neons behind the selection buttons.
    And the handling, hmmmm i`m used to driving cars and transits, but i went around a corner in the wet between 20 to 25 mph and it went!!! i just managed to pull it back, it seems very hairy in the wet, is this common?
    I`d also love a light in the glove box, any ideas on how to do it? It also guzzels the diesel, what do i have to do to be able to run it on cooking oil? not 100% maybe 40% to 50% oil and is it agood idea? ok thanks in advance for your help, when i figure out how to use this site i will down load some pics of my surf, hey its got a Hylux badge on the bonnet, it looks the business!! have`nt noticed this before on other surfs.
    Check to make sure that all the switches are connected push the switch out and make sure the multi plugs are in. The heating controls do light up if the buttons are pushed in. if this dont work thenyou have bulbs blown. The handling, check the tyre pressure its should be 2 bar. dont know about the cooking oil.
    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Hello everybody,
      Welcome to SURFDOM The SURF weighs just under 2 tonne so take it easy on roundabouts etc in the wet as the back end can become very lively.
      Dashbulbs may need replacing as all the switches light up.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

Thanks for the imput fella`s, i found a wire loose on the hard/soft swith it now lights up on the dash to show if its on or not. Tried the ect button, everything conected there, but it still does not light up on the dash board.
        If i chage the bulb..................errrr how do i get the dash off!!!
        Should the heating control panel all light up when the lights are on? all the neons behind the buttons work, but when its dark you can`t see a thing except the button which is lite.
        One other question, mine is an automatic from past experience when on a hill the auto box should keep you at a stop without holding the brake pedal, but it tends to start creeping forward, could the revs be to high? maybe i need to have it tuned? what do you guys reckon? Thanks in advance for any help, and this is a good site!!

Comment

Thanks for the imput fella`s, i found a wire loose on the hard/soft swith it now lights up on the dash to show if its on or not. Tried the ect button, everything conected there, but it still does not light up on the dash board.
          If i chage the bulb..................errrr how do i get the dash off!!!
          Should the heating control panel all light up when the lights are on? all the neons behind the buttons work, but when its dark you can`t see a thing except the button which is lite.
          One other question, mine is an automatic from past experience when on a hill the auto box should keep you at a stop without holding the brake pedal, but it tends to start creeping forward, could the revs be to high? maybe i need to have it tuned? what do you guys reckon? Thanks in advance for any help, and this is a good site!!
          They do creep a bit. If the airon is on then the revs will be higher. Check that the idle up switch is off, it should be at about 1600rpm ish. The only lights i have on my heater controls are the one that are turned on..
          SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Working...
          X