Need Help w/ Fuel Filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help w/ Fuel Filter

Thanks in advance for your help. I have searched the archives & found the relevant information about replacing the filter but............I can't find the filter . Now, realizing that this may put me in a small minority, maybe you can look at this as an opportunity for 1 more individual who shouldn't be populating the planet to blow himself to kingdom come. Alternatively, you could post pics of your fuel filter location that would match my '97 SSR-X 3.0 turbo diesel. Thanks in advance......I can follow verbal direction if pics aren't handy!

big filter like thing bolted to firewall, at back right-hand side (looking into engine bay from front). and it has fuel lines going into it!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by andycook; 16 April 2006, 07:41.
    Landcruiser Colorado
    Sub. Forester

Comment

As stated:

1.standing at the front of the vehicle looking into the engine bay
      2.look on the bulhead on the right hand side behind the air filter box ther should be a 'goldish coloured' container with the larger end inverted [ie at the top]
      3.there should be a plunger on top [with screw in the middle] and should have a whitish coloured plastic threaded cap at the bottom with a wire coming from it and clipped into the wheelarch

the goldish coloured filter is your fuel filter....just unclip the wire from the connector at the bottom and then follow instructions of site to remove.
      Gaz

Comment

Thank you for your help. Once I knew where to look it was all quite simple. I cut a milk container in half, set it inside the air cleaner box, opened the bottom, drained out the diesel (lined the air cleaner box w/ newspaper), put the electrical connection on the new filter, filled it up with diesel, and tightened her back up. PRESTO!! I spent more time looking for the filter than changing it

Comment

Working...
        X