hello & help !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello & help !

just got back from a week in wales with my 3rd gen surf,only had it 10 days now and i have to say, wow.

what a great truck it was all week until coming home and its with the next 2 questions that i could do with your help.

1. as it ticked over 100,000 k's the timing belt warning light came on,now i know it's had a timing belt fitted before i had it so is this just a reminder that will go off or should i have it looked at?

2.it has a honda sat/nav system fitted which was great until the dvd started reading an error. has anyone out there got one of these sytsems fitted and if so any ideas if its a unit or disc problem.since this error showed up i can't select any options on the settings on the cd side either.

hope you can help guys, chip

if it has a rubber bung near the trip meter reset button , pull it out and inside on the clock face is a small button , press it using a thin screwdriver or a biro refill , this should reset the belt light.

Comment

take a look here for the 3rd gen timing light reset
      http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...n+timing+light
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by internetsurfer
        if it has a rubber bung near the trip meter reset button , pull it out and inside on the clock face is a small button , press it using a thin screwdriver or a biro refill , this should reset the belt light.

This is generally for the 2nd Gen...the third gens have a jumper behind the clock face to reset
        Gaz

Comment

nice info thanks guys, i'll get my screwdriver going and let you know,

many thanks ,chip

Comment

ok so i removed the clocks and found the reset switch the only problem was i couldn't get the light to stay off .
            tried allsorts of tiny objects at all sort of angles but no joy,am i missing something obvious as on the face of it this job seems fairly simple.

thx , chip

Comment

the pic stormforce showed you with the 2 screws , you need to put the top screw into the lower hole and leave it there.

Last edited by internetsurfer; 16 April 2006, 20:35.

Comment

thx alot for that m8 i'll give it a go

Comment

Working...
                X