1995 ssr-x timing belt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 ssr-x timing belt

my surf arrived from japan with 9500 miles on it , my question is this what is the timing belt change mileage, also would you recommend i have it changed because its 11 years old now.

Do you mean kilometers? A light will illuminate on the dash at 100 kms to tell you the belt needs changing, but for peace of mind I would change it anyway. The belt costs about £15 and only takes half an hour to change.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      The belt costs about £15 and only takes half an hour to change.
      You sure, Vince???
      It just does, OK?

Comment

Yep. He says hes got a '95 Surf, so that means it's a 3.0. easy peasy to change. Milners belts are £14.

Comment

Yep. He says hes got a '95 Surf, so that means it's a 3.0. easy peasy to change. Milners belts are £14.
          Fairy Snuff....
          It just does, OK?

Comment

Do you mean kilometers? A light will illuminate on the dash at 100 kms to tell you the belt needs changing, but for peace of mind I would change it anyway. The belt costs about £15 and only takes half an hour to change.
            no i meant miles , i'd done the conversion.

would you happen to know the timing belt change interval as in so many miles versus so many years. 11 year old rubber aint gonna be in good nick IMHO.looking at this it looks easy , but what of the pump belt ? is that as easy to do.

Last edited by internetsurfer; 2 April 2006, 09:50.

Comment

Originally posted by internetsurfer
              my surf arrived from japan with 9500 miles on it , my question is this what is the timing belt change mileage, also would you recommend i have it changed because its 11 years old now.
              Timing belts should be changed at 100,000 KM which equates to approx 62,000 miles. However your belt is 11 years old, and like all things they detiorate with age, so I would be inclined to change it irrespective of the cost. Dont forget to reset the cam-belt timer, so that you're alerted in 100,000 KM to change it again!
              Cheers
              Trev D.

Comment

reset timer trev, ??? is this a button on the clocks you push .

Comment

reset timer trev, ??? is this a button on the clocks you push .
                  Yup, there is a little rubber bung in the dash cover, pull it out and stick something narrow through the hole and press the little button on the dash face, this will restart the T/belt count for 100,000km's.

But remember some trucks have a speedo sensor recalibrator, instead of just a preplacement speedo face, so if your odo reads in miles, you need to change the belt at 60,000 so the reminder light isn't much good.
                  4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

the place i bought it replaced the dials to mph , i suppose its clocking up in km though.i should have it by tuesday as its not registered yet.

do these have a pump belt then ???

Comment

do these have a pump belt then ???
                      If you talking about the power steering pump or Vacuum pump, no, both are driven off the timing gears in the engine.

Only external belts are Alternator and Aircon.

Comment

sorry i meant the diesel pump , its 3 litre td ssr-x.

Comment

sorry i meant the diesel pump , its 3 litre td ssr-x.
                          Fuel pump is the same, driven off the timing gears.

Comment

thats brilliant then just the timing belt to do - i'm liking these surfs allready .big change from a toyota celica gt4 300 bhp to a 3.0 td surf for me. everything seems a third of the price too , marvellous - thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
                            X