changing the stock steering wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• changing the stock steering wheel

hello guys , my first but not the last post , i will own a late 1995 hilux ssr-x 3.0 td soon , i was thinking about putting a leather steering wheel on it off the likes of supra,celica.mr2, anyone took the time to do it who can help tell me if they fit would be great maybe the horn is an issue , i dunno - keep on surfin .
    Last edited by internetsurfer; 1 April 2006, 19:50.

Originally posted by internetsurfer
    hello guys , my first but not the last post , i will own a late 1995 hilux ssr-x 3.0 td soon , i was thinking about putting a leather steering wheel on it off the likes of supra,celica.mr2, anyone took the time to do it who can help tell me if they fit would be great maybe the horn is an issue , i dunno - keep on surfin .
    take a look here http://www.toyotahilux.com/index.php?doc=11&cid=377
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

i just noticed the airbag is standard issue, is this a prolem area going to another steering wheel. an airbag has a 10 year life span supposedly so i guess at 11 years old taking it off isnt an issue really.

Comment

i wouldnt like to say about the air bag as i have never had a motor with one,but someone else may know something or give Barry a ring at roughtrax and he may be able to give you some advice about it
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

You must have a 3rd gen if its got airbags. You're gonna have the airbag warning light on permantly if you disconnect the drivers airbag.....don't know if there's a way of preventing this (probably not). I don't know if it will affect the operation of the remaining passenger airbag either though.

Comment

Originally posted by internetsurfer
            Hi,
            There are insurance and regulatory issues whenever a registered "motor repairer" gets involved with uk / european vehicles....The company is liable to be sued if a vehicle is rendered non standard in terms of safety fittings. The repairer cannot disable (or in this case) remove what is a standard safety fitting. The situation could be different if a diy job was envisaged, but you would need a loss of conscience if anything happened to you and yours and all subsequent persons being conveyed theirin. For this reason I dont think anyone would want to get involved in disabling the steering wheel boss srs and retaining the passenger side front srs IMHO...Any other repairer's like to argue this one, I'm interested ?

Peter

Comment

Working...
            X