Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil leak

hi there

ive also noticed i have an oil leak and im pretty sure its not the gear box...any suggestions what or how this can be fixed? its a very slow drip and it seems to be under the metal casing. do u think i would be able to use an additive or something for this? could it be the sump?

very much appreciated mr angry maybe i change my name if all of my problems are fixed but until then grrrrrrrr! lol!

cheers and thanks for looking.

Have you checked round the sump plug? 14mm nut on bottom of sump. I think you can get new seals for them for a few pence. Hope it's nothing more serious.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Angry
      ive also noticed i have an oil leak and im pretty sure its not the gear box...any suggestions what or how this can be fixed? its a very slow drip and it seems to be under the metal casing. do u think i would be able to use an additive or something for this? could it be the sump?
      You don't actually say where it leaking from, sump, front or rear of motor, down the side.........

If its coming out between the g/box and engine and its not gearbox oil them its normally the rear crank seal.

Not sure if those additives are any good, they won't put back rubber thats worn away, only make the rubber that left softer. but worth a dip, as the only other option is gearbox out to get to the rear crank seal.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
      X