Help keep getting flashed!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help keep getting flashed!!!!!

I have recently bought a 1996 gen 3 KZN 185. I have been flashed a couple of times and told that my rear o/s wheel is whobbling! On investigation it seems i have a bent rear o/s half shaft. Can anybody help with sourcing a second hand one? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please contact me via e-mail or call on 07917 414576. Thanks Mark Southampton.

Bent the halfshaft! are you sure the wheel isn't buckled?
    I would have thought a halfshaft would have snapped before it would bend..

Comment

They bend if you do a lot of dune jumping, but its probably had a whack, have you tried a Toyota dealer, you'll definatly get one, not sure of price though.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
        Bent the halfshaft! are you sure the wheel isn't buckled?
        I would have thought a halfshaft would have snapped before it would bend..
        Its not the wheel. Took it all apart and its defo the half shaft flange that is bent. Car drives perfectly so i didnt know! Thanks anyway.

Comment

Blimey! Do you know how it got bent?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
            They bend if you do a lot of dune jumping, but its probably had a whack, have you tried a Toyota dealer, you'll definatly get one, not sure of price though.

Havn't called Toyota yet, though i would try 2nd hand first. Wishful thinking.

Comment

Blimey! Do you know how it got bent?
              I bought it recently and have no idea! Wheels are not damaged and seem to be all same age and condition?

Comment

Give TonyN a shout, he's not far from you and may be able to source a halfshaft....
                http://www.4x4toys.co.uk/homepage.html

Comment

Cant you take it back to the garage you got it from.

Comment

Give TonyN a shout, he's not far from you and may be able to source a halfshaft....
                    http://www.4x4toys.co.uk/homepage.html
                    I've not got any 3rd gen shafts, they are different cos of the ABS sensor. Can't imagine theres many 3rd gens in breakers yards yet.

I can go direct to Toyota, but so could Mark and save some time.

To be honest, if the shaft is bent, it wants the whole axlehousing stripped down and checked for straightness before sticking a new shaft in what could be a bent housing.

Comment

I saw a 3rd gen breaking on ebay about a week ago, might still be there

Comment

Originally posted by contaminated
                        I saw a 3rd gen breaking on ebay about a week ago, might still be there
                        Do you have a link or any details, its not there now, need some 3rd gen bits!

Comment

This one is at a breakers by the looks of it might be worth a try

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Toyota-Hilux-S...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

Working...
                          X