Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wotsit do ?

Hi all,
    We have a 96 3rd gen and were wondering what the computer does, think we have sussed the altimeter and compuss, is the other mode setting a barometer ? and what does it do ?
    Also what lights on the dash should come on when in 4 wheel drive, and should they flash or stay steady ?
    Thanks, Nosher

Originally posted by nosher
    Hi all,
    We have a 96 3rd gen and were wondering what the computer does, think we have sussed the altimeter and compuss, is the other mode setting a barometer ? and what does it do ?
    Also what lights on the dash should come on when in 4 wheel drive, and should they flash or stay steady ?
    Thanks, Nosher
    The light on the dash flashes as the 4wd system is sorting itself out, then should stay on as long as you are in AWD/4WD

Sometimes it takes a while, so don't panic if it flashes for 30 secs or so.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Hi all,
      Thanks, Nosher
      4 green lights on - 4wd (on tarmac and off-road)
      4 green lights+orange on - 4wd (off-road only)

the 4wd lights flash during the transition between modes.

I never switch the compass/barometer/altimeter thingy on so can't comment on that.
      Powered by ????

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
        The light on the dash flashes as the 4wd system is sorting itself out, then should stay on as long as you are in AWD/4WD

Sometimes it takes a while, so don't panic if it flashes for 30 secs or so.
        Thanks Tony

Comment

Originally posted by RobD

I never switch the compass/barometer/altimeter thingy on so can't comment on that.
          Thanks Rob

Comment

Hi all,
            Thanks, Nosher
            Haven't got that kit on mine, but you need to set the barometer to the pressure of the day before your altimeter will read correctly. It will be a barometric altimeter and converts atmospheric pressure to altitude.
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by RobD

I noticed that mine took a few seconds. The orange one in the centre which I presume is a diff will also flash for a second then all works fine.
              Al.
              I used to have a surf me!

Comment

Working...
              X