Mistery oil leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mistery oil leak

Hi guys, for any of you technically minded out there, gave my truck (96 4runner 3.0d manual) a good pasting up and down the motorway yesterday, when i went out today and moved the truck i have oil leaking from either the gearbox or transfer box? it has not had anything done to either of these since i got it over 2 years ago any ideas? is there a breather that may be blocked?
    THE ORIGINAL CRAZY BITCH!

Originally posted by crazybitch
    Hi guys, for any of you technically minded out there, gave my truck (96 4runner 3.0d manual) a good pasting up and down the motorway yesterday, when i went out today and moved the truck i have oil leaking from either the gearbox or transfer box? it has not had anything done to either of these since i got it over 2 years ago any ideas? is there a breather that may be blocked?
    Carol it could be your rear crankshaft seal.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
      Carol it could be your rear crankshaft seal.
      no its definitely the middle to rear of the box, looks like its coming from the top but its that wet cant tell properly where

Comment

St Helens? Bought mine from up there, near Clockface.
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
          St Helens? Bought mine from up there, near Clockface.
          which one theres 2 of them that deal, but both are getting low on surfs now!

Comment

which one theres 2 of them that deal, but both are getting low on surfs now!
            On the left just down the road from the big roundabout (coming from the sherdley park direction). Before you reach the hand carwash by the traffic lights. I got a good deal, very honest. Haven't seen many Surfs there lately though...
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
            X