96 3.0 surf auto fuel consumption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 3.0 surf auto fuel consumption

Hi all being a newcomer to the surf scene i have just purchased a 1996 3 ltr surf and i am a bit surprised at the fuel consumption having put 20 quids of deisel in the old girl i covered the total distance of 80 kmsthen i had to put more in this seems to me a little thirsty.
    The car has had its speedo face changed for the sva but i am not sure if the odometer has been altered to mph. Any ideas or am i just going to get friendly with me local gas station.
    Thanks. Ken

Thats about 11mpg! Definatly somethig not right even for around town driving, or your driving it like a GTI.

First thing is to give it a service, change all the filters and then some fuel treatment to clean the injectors out and try again.

If the speedo face has been changed, then the odo will still read in km's

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

surf fuel consumption

Thanks tony i have ordered a filter kit should be here tomorow will give it a good going over lets hope that helps thanks again

Comment

Sorry to jump in but im thinkin of getting a surf and ive heard a few horror stories about fuel consumption.How many mpg should you get.....

Comment

Originally posted by ban_1200
          Sorry to jump in but im thinkin of getting a surf and ive heard a few horror stories about fuel consumption.How many mpg should you get.....
          25mpg avg, on run to work 30mile motorway I get near 30
          Brian

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
            Thats about 11mpg! Definatly somethig not right even for around town driving, or your driving it like a GTI.

First thing is to give it a service, change all the filters and then some fuel treatment to clean the injectors out and try again.

If the speedo face has been changed, then the odo will still read in km's

im doing 100kms on 20quid around town at the mo... im usually in a rush which doesnt help.
            im not the kindest of people to most cars in 1st and 2nd either
            Tim
            Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

I did Bristol to Glasgow and then onto Stirling for £66.
              Never booted, just cruised the motorway.
              Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Used to get between 26 - 30 in my 94 3.0 auto

Comment

Did Worcester to Chester to Liverpool (a few local trips), then Louth (plus 100 miles of local trips) and back to Worcester on about a tank and 3/4.

I'm gonna pull the injectors and have them cleaned when the weather gets warmer cos I reckon it should be a bit better than it is.

Any thoughts on how much it should cost to get the injectors cleaned? How big a job it is to get 'em off / on again?
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
                  X