oil pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil pressure

hi all, went off roading last week got the rad full of s**t engine overheated to about 3 qtr not in the red also lost nearly all oil pressure it used to run about a qtr on tic over and about 3 qtr on running, got home and spent 3 days cleaning the s**t off n found out i had blown the turbo seals ( nice ) got turbo recond £586.00
    having done a full oil n filter change and flush + rad flush, oil pressure is still low, ok on startup about half way but when she is warm still low also i get a slight ticking sound when idling
    i have noticed that the oil filter is red hot is this normal not knowing how hot it was before the problem started
    engine seams fine no lack of power n no smoke just low oil pressure n that dam ticking sound when been run for a while
    im using castrol gtd 15w 40 before that 10w 40 with no problems
    i have read past posts on oil pressure and it seams that that kind of pressure is ok but im still concerned cos it was better than that before my rather expensive off road day.
    i have had the rocker cover off and its clean as a whistle no sludge im contemplating taking the oil pan off but it sound alot of hassel.
    please please please any ideas
    many thanks a troubled surfer

did yu loose much oil when you blew the seals? Possible running on low oil damaged crank/pistons/shells?? - don't panic i'm prob wrong.. just thinking aloud.
    Paranoid? They're out to GET YOU!

Comment

Ticking sound could be Injectors.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

Valve clearances?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          Valve clearances?
          cheers all
          not realy it burt a little due to oil getting into the air intake cos of the blown turbo as for the injectors all seams fine i only get the ticking sound when the engine is idling n thats only if i have pushed it a little n oil pressure is at its lowest been driving it around town today n no ticking at all its got me baffled having it compression tested tom as well as oil pressure c how that goes

thanks all

Comment

Not being funny but it sounds like your oil pressure has returned to normal for a Surf...............

Comment

cheers to all who have contributed to answering my questions just found out that my thermostat had gone as well (oh joy) so that wouldnt have helped the cooling although the temp never shot above half way hopefully replacing thermostat might help with the cooling of the oil giving me a little more pressure fingers crossed eh.

many many thanks again all

Comment

A penguin friend of mine went into a garage with the same symptoms and was told to leave his surf for a while.
                As it was a hot day and he was a penguin he went and got an ice cream to cool him self down, cos he only had short flippers he made a right old mess.
                On returning to the garage he asked the mechanic what the problem was?
                The mechanic said 'it looks like you've blown a seal!
                'No!' Exclaimed the penguin 'that's just Ice cream'

Sorry can't help.
                Steve

Comment

Which brand of filter have you used? The Surf oil pressure sensors aren't reknowned for their precision, btw, especially once they are several years old. What point on the gauge do you class as low, btw?

Comment

Working...
                  X