Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear window wash.

My rear window wash is not working.
    I have checked the reservoir is full, the nozzles are not blocked and the front window washers are OK, so I am assuming the pipework has come adrift somewhere.
    All the pipes I can see are OK.
    Does anyone know where the pipe goes, I don't want to strip the inside of the vehicle unnecessarily ?

Under the drivers side door step/carpet trim.

Comment

Cheers Bushwacker, a job for the morning. (insert grateful smilie face here)

Comment

Originally posted by Cranfield
        My rear window wash is not working.
        I have checked the reservoir is full, the nozzles are not blocked and the front window washers are OK, so I am assuming the pipework has come adrift somewhere.
        All the pipes I can see are OK.
        Does anyone know where the pipe goes, I don't want to strip the inside of the vehicle unnecessarily ?
        I had this hassle just before Christmas. I kept poking fine fuse wire in the nozzles, blowing them back with compressed air and all sorts of stuff.

Eventually I discovered that, just before the washer nozzles, Toyota fit non return valves in the pipes so that you get instant squirt/no drain back into the reservoir. (It also keeps the de-icer stuff in the tube right up to the nozzles. I wondered why my window washers never seem to ice up).

When I removed the non return valves they were gunked up with soap residue, bits of grit and what looked like hair. I gave them a blast through with compressed air from a can and put them back. They have been OK ever since.
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          Under the drivers side door step/carpet trim.
          Yea it does! Mine came apart the other day,got a floor full of screen wash now,I wasnt happy!!
          So many toys-So little cash

Comment

Working...
          X